News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Jersey to VA Beach

Started by J3ebrules, July 26, 2019, 01:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3ebrules

About to head on down to Virginia Beach via US 13 to drive the Chesapeake Bay Bridge again! Anything exciting or geeky I should look out for??
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

tolbs17

Quote from: J3ebrules on July 26, 2019, 01:46:45 PM
About to head on down to Virginia Beach via US 13 to drive the Chesapeake Bay Bridge again! Anything exciting or geeky I should look out for??

You should be fine. If you are travelling at night on 13 just be careful and don't speed through that bridge! And let's hope there's no deers on the way! Other then that, you should be fine.

hbelkins

Construction has started on the parallel tunnel for one of the underwater crossings. The restaurant isn't open anymore, but isn't there a place where you can stop and buy souvenirs if you want?

I have a CBBT sticker I bought at the restaurant several years ago, but don't know what happened to it. I need to find a place to order one online to put on my car.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

sprjus4

Quote from: hbelkins on July 27, 2019, 08:43:38 PM
The restaurant isn't open anymore, but isn't there a place where you can stop and buy souvenirs if you want?
I heard they had some temporary gift shop open at the Eastern Shore Welcome Center...?

There's no facilities that are actively open where the restaurant used to be located during construction. Once the parallel tube is done, the pier will re-open.

The pier provides a nice place to fish in the middle of the bay that's not on a boat. It's well used. I visited the pier and former restaurant site on the last day before the pier was closing in late 2017, and it was packed.

J3ebrules

Quote from: sprjus4 on July 27, 2019, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on July 27, 2019, 08:43:38 PM
The restaurant isn't open anymore, but isn't there a place where you can stop and buy souvenirs if you want?
I heard they had some temporary gift shop open at the Eastern Shore Welcome Center...?

There's no facilities that are actively open where the restaurant used to be located during construction. Once the parallel tube is done, the pier will re-open.

The pier provides a nice place to fish in the middle of the bay that's not on a boat. It's well used. I visited the pier and former restaurant site on the last day before the pier was closing in late 2017, and it was packed.

I was so sad to see that the restaurant and pier were closed! We will need to come back after the rain tunnel is done. There was no gift shop that I saw.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.