News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Name a favorite youtube channel...

Started by berberry, February 15, 2020, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

interstate411

Hey there. 

I'm the guy behind Interstate411 and first of all, thank you for being a subscriber Route66fan!  I appreciate it. 

Percentage-wise, most of my videos are of 2 lane backroads, but I do have an extensive collection of interstate videos as well.  To correct US71, only 3 of my videos, so far, are done on my bike -- getting stable video on a 750cc motorcycle isn't the easiest thing to do :)

All that said, I welcome all of you to visit my YT channel or site at https://interstate411.us and check it out. 

Travel safe, and I'll see you on the road!

bing101

Technology Connections is a cool Youtube show to watch

US71

I've been watching Beau of the Fifth Column.

Also the Mystery Guest challenge on What's My Line.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Chris

Browsing through Youtube makes you realize how many niche / non-mainstream genres there are that still have substantial audiences. You can come across channels you've never heard of that produce videos that get 1M+ views in a week.

Wikipedia has a list of most-subscribed YouTube channels. I haven't heard about most of those.

berberry

Quote from: interstate411 on February 20, 2020, 04:21:37 PM
Hey there. 

I'm the guy behind Interstate411 and first of all, thank you for being a subscriber Route66fan!  I appreciate it. 

Percentage-wise, most of my videos are of 2 lane backroads, but I do have an extensive collection of interstate videos as well.  To correct US71, only 3 of my videos, so far, are done on my bike -- getting stable video on a 750cc motorcycle isn't the easiest thing to do :)

All that said, I welcome all of you to visit my YT channel or site at https://interstate411.us and check it out. 

Travel safe, and I'll see you on the road!

Looks like a good channel. I just subscribed.

Another one that folks here might like is HinduCowGirl. She's a train engineer and she posts a lot of driver-view videos of riding the rails through Scandinavia. I like to put her videos on the TV when I'm not watching anything in particular. The scenery is often breathtaking.

berberry

Oh, and I keep forgetting one of the most unusual youtube channels that I watch often: MetalGuruMessiah. Don't let the "metal" part of the name fool you, there's a lot of non-metal music featured. He's a visual artist who creates videos featuring old hits and album tracks for which music videos were never produced. One of his most sublimely beautiful, in my opinion, is the one he created for Elton John's 'Curtains'.

nexus73

Alternate History Hub is a fave channel of mine. Whether you agree or disagree with the alternative timelines being proposed, they are still interesting! 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Michael

My top 3 (in order of when I found them) are Matthias Wandel, Big Clive, and Technology Connections.  I've been lurking in the thread to see if anyone would mention Technology Connections since a post on the forum of his video about LED traffic lights is how I found his channel.  I see that bing101 is the first one to mention the channel.

Quote from: hbelkins on February 17, 2020, 03:20:50 PM
Quote from: csw on February 16, 2020, 08:30:59 PM
I don't know how you all can watch videos of other people driving...I get all the entertainment I can handle just driving places myself. Watching someone else do it without the fun of steering and shifting yourself seems pointless to me. If I want to see the road, I look at streetview.

The mechanics of driving don't interest me. I don't consider driving to be fun. How the road and the scenery appear does interest me. I'd rather be on the road in person, and it doesn't matter if I'm driving or a passenger, but if I can't be, then a video is the next best thing.

I'm the same way.  When I say I enjoy driving, it means something totally different to what most people would expect it to mean.  Regarding road videos, I don't like timelapses or ones with music over the original audio from the camera.

Max Rockatansky

I've found myself watching a lot of MarSpeed lately.  The video narrator is pretty vanilla but he has a crap load of Chrysler production facts. 

One game/PC channel that I love to watch is Lazy Game Reviews.  I can't think of another channel that deep dives stuff that I had on DOS. 

bing101

Brendan Power a harmonica performer but in his recent videos he has done roadgeek videos from a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BrendanPowerMusic/videos

andrepoiy

Doug DeMuro, Armchair Historian, and some other "educational channels" which touch on geopolitics and business, such as RealLifelore, Polymatter, etc.

bing101

Technology connections second channel.

ce929wax

I watch Freewayjim, Kyle, and Barbiepoledancer for roads videos.  I also watch NintendoCapriSun and SlimKirby for gaming, and NewsActive3 for news stuff. 

bing101

bandit957

On this channel, they review different brands of gum, which is automatically funny because it's gum...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq8fmZuyz74dZ7fkA_C_aDA
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

vdeane

I just subscribed to Tom Scott.  His video on copyright from last week was quite good.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

bing101

Check out 5MadMovieMakers these clips have resemblance to roadgeek videos but they are in the form of toy cars and marbles.

bing101

Here is another group doing roadgeek videos with Hotwheels called Kaylee's Playtime.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: nexus73 on February 23, 2020, 09:45:12 AM
Alternate History Hub is a fave channel of mine. Whether you agree or disagree with the alternative timelines being proposed, they are still interesting! 

Rick
Alternate history hub is cool, but I feel like he doesn't delve deep enough into the timelines.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cjk374

Most of my Youtube favorites are reaction channels:

XMilitary Crimimal, SimbaTV, 2Lit Mafia (and the "his & her" branch Forever 2LIT), NoLifeShaq (and his gf's channel JoJ's Life, and their joint channel Shaq & JoJo), MxR Plays, Fable-Nuclear Reactor, Diesel & Kickz, Knox Hill, MHF Vibes, J.A.M. Reactions, & The Saint Family.

Sports shitposting:

FivePoints Vids, Urinating Tree, The Dumpster Fire (jointly operated by FivePoints & U-tree), Stark Raving Sports, KTO, Flemlo Raps, FunnyMaine, That'sGoodSports (hosted by Brandon Perna), Qwality TV, & SEC Shorts.

Music:

Blues Brothers, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Adam Calhoun, Ryan Upchurch, Knox Hill, & Justin Johnson.

Railroad/model railroad stuff:

Louisiana Rail Productions, freebrick Productions, KatoUSAinc, Union Pacific, Trains Magazine, Model Railroad Magazine, Model Railroad Hobbyist Magazine (and the related Ken Patterson & What's Neat This Week podcast), Scale Trains.com, Walthers Trains, ModelTrainStuff, ck7813, Daniel Cortopassi, jlwii2000, TSG Multimedia, arthurhouston3, & MonsterRailroad.

Other general entertainment:

It's a Southern Thang, Angry Cops, Thereal, Josh Pray, Black Rifle Coffee Company, MBest11x, DJ Rhett, ERB2, Pittsburgh Dad, & yovo68 (in case you didn't know, this is the 11'8" [now +8"] truck scalping bridge)
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

sbeaver44

Railstream.  My toddler enjoys watching the live train cameras with me.

Max Rockatansky

Business Blaze has been something I've been into lately and surprisingly good for a laugh. 

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 15, 2020, 12:14:57 PM
Interstate Kyle is probably the most road oriented channel I watch regularly.  He features mostly scenic highways which tend to draw my interest more than freeways.  Freewayjim and Asphalt Planet have some quality channels but are more oriented towards limited access roads. 

Some of the others I'm frequently right now:

-  Regular Car Reviews
-  Donut Media
-  MotorWeek
-  Biographics
-  Geographics
-  Business Blaze
-  Channel Awesome
-  Cinnemassacre
I watched Freewayjim when I was younger, but I prefer Kyle now. Many of Jim's videos are urban interstates, which kinda bore me. Maybe it's just that I'm used to cities.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 17, 2020, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 15, 2020, 12:14:57 PM
Interstate Kyle is probably the most road oriented channel I watch regularly.  He features mostly scenic highways which tend to draw my interest more than freeways.  Freewayjim and Asphalt Planet have some quality channels but are more oriented towards limited access roads. 

Some of the others I'm frequently right now:

-  Regular Car Reviews
-  Donut Media
-  MotorWeek
-  Biographics
-  Geographics
-  Business Blaze
-  Channel Awesome
-  Cinnemassacre
I watched Freewayjim when I was younger, but I prefer Kyle now. Many of Jim's videos are urban interstates, which kinda bore me. Maybe it's just that I'm used to cities.

Back roads are far my thing but the Interstate/freeway videos seem to have a larger following.  I do a ton of back roads on my page (which is why I still do photos because I stop a lot) and the freeways tend be mostly a drag unless there is a good story to go with them. 

I've been watching a lot of SNESdrunk lately.  The videos are short, have humor, and feature obscure stuff I've never seen before. 

CNGL-Leudimin

In addition to the ones I already mentioned, non-road stuff I like to watch include...
Marble races. Several channels do this, including Crazy Marble Race and Marble Race King. In the color races and due to my support on the fight against Dravet syndrome (a kind of epilepsy) I root for purple-colored marbles. In the country races, however, I root for Spain :sombrero:.
Brooks Holt. Recently discovered this one, he and his mate Elisha go around the country playing mini golf courses. I like to search the course they are playing on Google Maps and follow them. They did a roadtrip to the Southeast early this year, so they have plenty of stuff to post while the lockdown lasts.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.