Saratoga Springs, NY dinner - March 6, 2020

Started by froggie, February 02, 2020, 10:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

As long as the forecast doesn't worsen, I should be able to make it.

ETA:  I'm in.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Dougtone

Quote from: froggie on March 03, 2020, 10:58:40 PM
Sorry, Josh.  I'd really like sushi (which is basically impossible to find in the NEK), so I think we'll go with Kinjo.

Kinjo it is.  7pm Friday.  Wondering if we should get a headcount to make a reservation.

Probably best to get a head count. I'm in.

vdeane

You can add me to the head count.  See you on Friday at 7 at Kinjo in the Congress Street Plaza.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 03, 2020, 01:42:37 PM

Please direct your concern towards Tim Brown and the Cincy meet in May.
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=25466.75

I did make similar comments there concerning this. Now I'm hearing that Columbus has basically banned spectators from sort of Swarzenegger-sponsored athletic event.

Quote from: cl94 on March 03, 2020, 01:05:47 PM
Quote from: froggie on March 03, 2020, 12:06:05 PM
I'm willing to entertain Kinjo, though my preference is not to do hibachi.

I'm monitoring this (not that I am likely to attend thanks to traveling the next morning), but Druthers (link) is something I'm surprised hasn't been suggested yet. A few more options for the picky eaters.

Hard for me to hear of an eatery called Druther's that's NOT the former Kentucky-based fast-food chain (which had previously been Burger Queen, but got bought out by Dairy Queen) with only one remaining location, in Campbellsville.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

baugh17

Quote from: Rothman on March 03, 2020, 11:35:29 PM
As long as the forecast doesn't worsen, I should be able to make it.

I'm in.  Weather isn't supposed to be terrible (Light snow showers and mid 30s) so I will probably still spend the afternoon getting some photos and clinches in on the way out.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kalvado

Quote from: Rothman on March 06, 2020, 01:36:58 PM
Anyone keeping track of the head count? :D
Nope.. But hope to get a chance to argue with you in person. Should be fun!

Rothman

Quote from: kalvado on March 06, 2020, 02:22:39 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 06, 2020, 01:36:58 PM
Anyone keeping track of the head count? :D
Nope.. But hope to get a chance to argue with you in person. Should be fun!
Maybe I'll just eat and nod. :)

Dougtone

Since this is the first road enthusiast gathering of the coronavirus era, so we greet everyone with a Vulcan salute or an elbow bump?

froggie

In Saratoga.  Got a reservation for 7pm.  Here's who I have for intentions (besides me):

Doug
Roth
kalvado
sinsbaugh
val
steve
duke

I made a reservation for 10 in case Josh (cl94) decides to join.  We'll be at a hibachi table even though we won't be doing hibachi because they don't have any non-hibachi tables that can seat more than 8.

Rothman

vdeane

Well, that was epic.  Happy birthday everyone!  Have some music, disco lights, a sparkler, and some ice cream!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dougtone

Quote from: vdeane on March 06, 2020, 09:27:32 PM
Well, that was epic.  Happy birthday everyone!  Have some music, disco lights, a sparkler, and some ice cream!

That was one of the more absurd dining experiences that I've had with roadgeeks. There's been multiple.

Rothman

"So, about using E-Z Pass at the Thousand Island Bridge--"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!  WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Anyway, about E-Z Pass..."

Dougtone

I regret not having a live stream of last night's dinner.

Rothman

Quote from: Dougtone on March 07, 2020, 12:44:43 PM
"Well, getting back to the topic of foreign relations..." (or however he said it)

kalvado

Quote from: Rothman on March 07, 2020, 01:27:58 PM
"Well, getting back to the topic of foreign relations..." (or however he said it)
In other news: two people in Saratoga county tested positive for coronavirus...

Alps

Quote from: kalvado on March 07, 2020, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 07, 2020, 01:27:58 PM
In other news: two people in Saratoga county tested positive for coronavirus...

2 out of how many? I'll take my chances.

baugh17

Quote from: Rothman on March 06, 2020, 10:41:34 PM

Thanks for the earworm.

vdeane

Quote from: baugh17 on March 09, 2020, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 06, 2020, 10:41:34 PM

Thanks for the earworm.
That song stayed in my head for the whole weekend.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.