News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Western Louisiana

Started by Grzrd, August 27, 2010, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Prairie Schooner

CoreySamson

Quote from: Anthony_JK on November 26, 2020, 09:25:20 AM
Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on November 26, 2020, 03:08:12 AM
Some good news for people who drive on I-10 from Texas into Louisiana: the last 10 miles of widening in Calcasieu Parish will be completed in 2025... as part of this project, 10 bridges will be replaced and widened as well as rebuilding the weigh-in-motion on I-10 eastbound. The project is estimated at $152 million.

To maintain two lanes of traffic, the project is broken up into three separate segments, the first segment being from the state line to LA 109.

https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/louisiana-dotd-provides-updates-on-two-big-interstate-10-projects/50492

Ummm....isn't I-10 within the I-210 junctions in Lake Charles, including the Calcasieu River Bridge, still 4 lanes?
Quote from: Urban Prairie Schooner on December 18, 2020, 10:00:05 PM
Apparent progress toward the replacement of the I-10 Calcasieu River bridge: http://wwwapps.dotd.la.gov/administration/announcements/Announcement.aspx?key=25419

Project website www.i10lakecharles.com
The video on the main website suggests 10 will be 3-laned through Lake Charles. I think it's about time to fix the area. That bridge has been through a lot.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Plutonic Panda

Update on the I-10 expansion to six lanes from the Texas state line for 10.5 miles East:

QuoteAbout one year into a $152 million Louisiana I-10 widening project, contractors are preparing the site for the replacement of the longest bridge on the project.

The major I-10 project runs from the Texas state line to east of Vinton, La., and will widen 10.5 mi. of I-10 from four to six lanes. There are currently two lanes in each direction, which will be expanded to three.

QuoteJohnson Brothers Corporation crews began work on the segment from the state line to U.S. 90/LA109 in September 2020. While the work was initially hampered by two hurricanes in the fall, and COVID, which caused delays in the staffing and the shipping of materials, the construction schedule is on target with segment one completion set for 2022 and the entire project completion in 2025.

Once complete, the project will tie into a widening project completed in 2007 from Vinton to Sulphur and create a continuous six-lane interstate from the state line to the west I-210 interchange.

The project includes the widening and/or replacement of 10 bridges for a total of 2,120 ft. The longest is the Sabine River Relief Bridge at 780 ft. or 1,560 ft. in both directions; the shortest, at Gum Gully, is 120 ft.

Read more here: https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/johnson-brothers-crew-widens-louisianas-i-10-freight-corridor/53568

cjk374

I went to Shreveport today for the first time in forever. The I-20/I-220 east end interchange expansion south is coming along nicely with new overhead BGSs. The new road going south to the new Barksdale AFB entrance now has a name:  LA 1267.

Also, new approach BGSs have been installed on I-20 for the interchange. Barksdale and LA 1267 aren't listed, but the I-220 control point is no longer BY-PASS. It is now listed...once again after 25 years or so...as Texarkana.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

bassoon1986

Quote from: cjk374 on May 20, 2022, 10:31:05 PM
I went to Shreveport today for the first time in forever. The I-20/I-220 east end interchange expansion south is coming along nicely with new overhead BGSs. The new road going south to the new Barksdale AFB entrance now has a name:  LA 1267.

Also, new approach BGSs have been installed on I-20 for the interchange. Barksdale and LA 1267 aren't listed, but the I-220 control point is no longer BY-PASS. It is now listed...once again after 25 years or so...as Texarkana.
I remember Texarkana being on I-220 at that exit. I bet they made it more consistent now that the on ramps from interchanges on I-220 E and W leading to I-49 now show Texarkana.

So is 1267 shown on I-220 as a through highway as I-220 approaches I-20 beyond E Texas St/Racetrack exit?

iPhone

cjk374

Quote from: bassoon1986 on May 24, 2022, 07:47:31 PM

I remember Texarkana being on I-220 at that exit. I bet they made it more consistent now that the on ramps from interchanges on I-220 E and W leading to I-49 now show Texarkana.

Me too. I was confused as to why they changed it from Texarkana...listed on the overheads for US 71/LA 1 NORTH exit...to just BY-PASS. In fact, there is still one older overhead sign approaching the US 71/LA 1 NORTH exit on I-220 WB listing Texarkana still in place. Otherwise, all of the new overhead BGSs list the exits (7A & 7B) as North Market Street.

So is 1267 shown on I-220 as a through highway as I-220 approaches I-20 beyond E Texas St/Racetrack exit?

Not yet. I looked back when I got on I-20 EB and saw the new overhead BGS over the new C/D lane on the WB side. I'm sure those signs will be going up sometime this summer. 

It is so weird to see some of the jersey barrier that has been in place since day 1 of the existence of I-220 gone now.

bwana39

Quote from: cjk374 on May 27, 2022, 09:06:32 PM

Me too. I was confused as to why they changed it from Texarkana...listed on the overheads for US 71/LA 1 NORTH exit...to just BY-PASS. In fact, there is still one older overhead sign approaching the US 71/LA 1 NORTH exit on I-220 WB listing Texarkana still in place. Otherwise, all of the new overhead BGSs list the exits (7A & 7B) as North Market Street.

Not yet. I looked back when I got on I-20 EB and saw the new overhead BGS over the new C/D lane on the WB side. I'm sure those signs will be going up sometime this summer. 

It is so weird to see some of the jersey barrier that has been in place since day 1 of the existence of I-220 gone now.

Shreveport has a weird notation. US-71 north of downtown is "NORTH Market Street". South of downtown it is simply MARKET Street.
So there should be North Market NB and North Market SB exits from I-220. As to NB it still goes to Texarkana. It may be because US-71 back in dinosaur days or its predecessor (SH-55) followed Grimmett Drive and the T&P railway out from downtown. Originally it followed what is Shreveport Dixie Hwy back in the thirties (former SH-55). Later it followed Old Mooringsport to the current route by the mid-fifties US-71 and LA-1 were on their current alignments north of downtown,  :
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

bassoon1986

Quote from: bwana39 on May 28, 2022, 04:42:01 PM
Quote from: cjk374 on May 27, 2022, 09:06:32 PM

Shreveport has a weird notation. US-71 north of downtown is "NORTH Market Street". South of downtown it is simply MARKET Street.
So there should be North Market NB and North Market SB exits. As to NB it still goes to Texarkana. It may be that US-71 back in dinosaur days US-71 or its SH predecessor followed Grimmett Drive out from downtown. Originally it followed what is SHreveport Dixie HWy. Later it followed Old Mooringsport to the current route :
Are you talking about at the I-220 interchange? It previously had control cities for Shreveport going south on 71/1 and Texarkana going north. But since I-49 is the preferred route to Texarkana, the new signs reflect the street name: North Market St.

The reason I believe there is a North Market but not a South, is that Market St was extended to the south to connect to the highland neighborhoods of Shreveport. I believe the area north of Cross Bayou (zero-100 block of Market) was a separate town at one point, Agurs. Once it was incorporated as Shreveport the street name was extended as North Market with block numbers growing from zero northbound from Market.

iPhone

bwana39

Apparent progress toward the replacement of the I-10 Calcasieu River bridge: http://wwwapps.dotd.la.gov/administration/announcements/Announcement.aspx?key=25419

Funding is proposed by the legislature:
There is some new TIMED funding  for this project SB277 was passed as ACT 505 of 2022. The I-10 bridges in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles and finishing I-49 to New Orleans. http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?s=22RS&b=SB277&sbi=y

MikieTimT

Quote from: bwana39 on July 09, 2022, 11:47:29 PM

There is some new TIMED funding  for this project SB277 was passed as ACT 505 of 2022. The I-10 bridges in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles and finishing I-49 to New Orleans. http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?s=22RS&b=SB277&sbi=y

Looks like up to $160M per year split evenly between I-49 North, I-49 South, I-10 Lake Charles, and I-10 Baton Rouge, with the any completed project's portion being split evenly among the remaining projects going forward.  It would be nice to know how much money results from 75% of the tax collected in Louisiana that results in "the sale, use, or lease of motor vehicles that are taxable pursuant to Chapters 2, 2-A, and 2-B of Subtitle II of Title 47 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, provided for in R.S. 48:77(A)" to know how close it is to the $160M annual cap.

rlb2024

Quote from: bwana39 on July 09, 2022, 11:47:29 PM

Call me a pessimist, but I'll believe it when I see it.  The TIMED funding started around 1989, and one of the projects in our area (LA 3241) just got started about a year ago.  Yeah, I know there were permitting and wetlands issues as well as something called Katrina, but still it took over 30 years to start construction . . .

jbnv

Quote from: MikieTimT on July 11, 2022, 03:19:36 PM
Looks like up to $160M per year split evenly between I-49 North, I-49 South, I-10 Lake Charles, and I-10 Baton Rouge...

One of these is not like the others.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

jbnv

Looks like US 167 and LA 182 have been rerouted around Lafayette.

Evangeline Thruway south of I-10 no longer carries US 167, but does carry LA 182. I only went as far as Kaliste Saloom Rd., but I expect that LA 182 now stays on Evangeline Thruway all the way to the interchange in Broussard.

As for US 167, it apparently now comes down LA 3184 to Bertrand Dr., then follows LA 3025 along College Dr. to Johnston St., where it resumes its historic alignment.

Clearly Louisiana is reducing its mileage in Lafayette. That's not surprising, and neither is the DOTD level of competence being shown. The new US 167 alignment doesn't make sense when Amb. Caffery Parkway (which isn't a LA highway between Bertrand Dr. and Johnston St.) shunts the alignment by multiple miles. Nobody going to Abbeville from I-10 is going to use the new US 167 alignment.

Also, what is the rationale for rerouting US 167, and not rerouting US 90 off the useless alignment on Cameron St.? DOTD could eliminate the "to US 90" business for the Evangeline Thruway by rerouting US 90 onto I-10 at, say, LA 93 in Scott or Amb. Caffery Pkwy.

At any rate, this will give Lafayette a rare interstate-US-LA triplex, which I don't think exists anywhere else in Louisiana.

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures when I was in Lafayette on Friday. Maybe Anthony_JK can grab some for us?
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Anthony_JK

Quote from: jbnv on November 07, 2022, 12:32:45 PM

Evangeline Thruway south of I-10 no longer carries US 167, but does carry LA 182. I only went as far as Kaliste Saloom Rd., but I expect that LA 182 now stays on Evangeline Thruway all the way to the interchange in Broussard.

As for US 167, it apparently now comes down LA 3184 to Bertrand Dr., then follows LA 3025 along College Dr. to Johnston St., where it resumes its historic alignment.

Clearly Louisiana is reducing its mileage in Lafayette. That's not surprising, and neither is the DOTD level of competence being shown. The new US 167 alignment doesn't make sense when Amb. Caffery Parkway (which isn't a LA highway between Bertrand Dr. and Johnston St.) shunts the alignment by multiple miles. Nobody going to Abbeville from I-10 is going to use the new US 167 alignment.

Also, what is the rationale for rerouting US 167, and not rerouting US 90 off the useless alignment on Cameron St.? DOTD could eliminate the "to US 90" business for the Evangeline Thruway by rerouting US 90 onto I-10 at, say, LA 93 in Scott or Amb. Caffery Pkwy.

At any rate, this will give Lafayette a rare interstate-US-LA triplex, which I don't think exists anywhere else in Louisiana.

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures when I was in Lafayette on Friday. Maybe Anthony_JK can grab some for us?

I wish I could, but I've been home-ridden because of chronic dizziness that has me forced on disability leave for the past few months.

Only thing I can guess is that Lafayette Consolidated Government wants to downgrade Johnston Street between the Thruway and South College Road for some Streetscaping, and they want to get some of the heavy truck traffic and hurricane evacuation traffic off of Johnston Street and divert it to Ambassador Caffery Parkway.

Also, having LA 182 consistently along the Evangeline Thruway to I-10 allows for a continuous surface corridor accompaniment for the potential I-49 Lafayette Connector and I-49 South upgrade further south through Broussard.

If they ever decide to build the Ambassador Caffery Parkway North extension from I-10 to I-49 North at the LA 182 interchange near Carencro (Exit 7), that would make for a perfect bypass route for both US 167 (using that and existing ACP to Johnston Street) and US 90 (from Cameron Street all the way to the existing southern/eastern terminus at existing US 90/Future I-49 South south of Broussard).

[edited for addendum]

cjk374

An update on the signage involving the new Barksdale AFB/I-220 interchange:

All of the BGSs for WB I-20 telling you about exit 26 (I-220 interchange) have now all been replaced. For the 1st in 30+ years, TEXARKANA is once again listed as the control city for I-220 WEST...no more BY-PASS listed. But...it is the only thing listed. There is no mention, and no room for, BAFB or LA 1267. The signs are FHWA standard (Gothic maybe?), except for the 2-mile BGS sign. I have no idea what it is, but the word "Texarkana" is much smaller and is ugly as homemade sin. Also, the overhead BGS at the beginning of the exit ramp does not have EXIT ONLY yellow & black labels on either side of the down pointing arrow. MUTCD is very disappointed.

Also, some number of years ago, exit numbers & tabs disappeared from some interstate-to-interstate interchanges. So as you approach the I-20 interchange on I-220 EB, exit 17B has been erased from all signage (same with the exit numbers & tabs from the I-55 & I-20 exits in Jackson, MS...mentioned as another example). However, approaching this interchange coming from BAFB on the new LA 1267, the interchange is fully signed & tabbed as exit 17B.

Why is that???

Urban Prairie Schooner

So the reroutes have finally been signed.  I wonder if this has been submitted to AASHTO....

I think LCG wants control of its urban streets, including Johnston Street and University Avenue. Couldn't find anything in their council minutes but that is the usual reason for urban turnbacks of this sort.

I agree about the level of DOTD competence displayed with regard to routing. Bertrand/College should be swapped for Ambassador Caffery north of Johnston Street. That would place all of Caffery under state control and create a logical Lafayette half-bypass.

rte66man

From the FHWA:

https://www.transportation.gov/briefing-room/us-department-transportation-announces-two-loans-totaling-nearly-41-million-help

U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Two Loans Totaling Nearly $41 million to Help Louisiana Rebuild Rural Bridges and Provide Ferry Service

Monday, November 14, 2022

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation today announced that its Build America Bureau has provided low-interest loans totaling $40.9 million to the Louisiana State Bond Commission for the benefit of the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LADOTD) for a ferry project and a bridge improvement program. The Bureau helps communities across the country reduce the costs of infrastructure projects by providing Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act loans, known as TIFIA loans, and other types of financing.

The two projects that will benefit from TIFIA financing are:

• A $19.2 million loan is for the Cameron Parish Ferry Project to provide ferry service between the Calcasieu Ship Channel on LA 27 between Cameron and Holly Beach in Cameron Parish. The scope of the project includes the design and construction of two vehicle/passenger ferries, each capable of carrying at least 35 automobiles and six semi-trucks, and 500 passengers.
  • A $21.7 million loan is for the Statewide Bridge Program which consists of six projects, including replacement of 11 structurally deficient bridges in rural areas across six different parishes throughout central and eastern Louisiana.
    The projects qualify for TIFIA's Rural Project Initiative, which offers loans for up to 49% of the project's eligible costs, as well as fixed interest rates that are half the U.S. Treasury rate.

"USDOT's support for these ferry and bridge projects will help Louisiana keep people, goods, and services moving across the state,"  said Deputy Transportation Secretary Polly Trottenberg. "We are excited to support Louisiana's efforts to improve infrastructure, connectivity, and safety for rural communities."

"These are the fifth and sixth loans that Louisiana has closed over the past year as part of a bundle approach, which allows for more efficient processing and expedient closing. This is a model for projects around the country as we put infrastructure funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to work,"  said Executive Director Morteza Farajian. 

USDOT's Build America Bureau was established as a "one-stop-shop"  during the Obama Administration to help states and other project sponsors carry out infrastructure projects. The Bureau offers low-interest, long-term credit programs, technical assistance, and best practices in project planning, financing, delivery, and operation. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, signed by President Biden in November 2021, expands project eligibility for the Bureau's TIFIA credit program and extends maturity of the loans, giving borrowers additional flexibility.

The U.S. Department of Transportation has closed $38.5 billion in TIFIA financing, supporting more than $132.5 billion in infrastructure investment across the country.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bwana39

Quote from: rte66man on November 15, 2022, 08:21:39 AM
From the FHWA:

https://www.transportation.gov/briefing-room/us-department-transportation-announces-two-loans-totaling-nearly-41-million-help

U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Two Loans Totaling Nearly $41 million to Help Louisiana Rebuild Rural Bridges and Provide Ferry Service

Monday, November 14, 2022

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation today announced that its Build America Bureau has provided low-interest loans totaling $40.9 million to the Louisiana State Bond Commission for the benefit of the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LADOTD) for a ferry project and a bridge improvement program. The Bureau helps communities across the country reduce the costs of infrastructure projects by providing Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act loans, known as TIFIA loans, and other types of financing.

The two projects that will benefit from TIFIA financing are:

• A $19.2 million loan is for the Cameron Parish Ferry Project to provide ferry service between the Calcasieu Ship Channel on LA 27 between Cameron and Holly Beach in Cameron Parish. The scope of the project includes the design and construction of two vehicle/passenger ferries, each capable of carrying at least 35 automobiles and six semi-trucks, and 500 passengers.
  • A $21.7 million loan is for the Statewide Bridge Program which consists of six projects, including replacement of 11 structurally deficient bridges in rural areas across six different parishes throughout central and eastern Louisiana.
    The projects qualify for TIFIA's Rural Project Initiative, which offers loans for up to 49% of the project's eligible costs, as well as fixed interest rates that are half the U.S. Treasury rate.

"USDOT's support for these ferry and bridge projects will help Louisiana keep people, goods, and services moving across the state,"  said Deputy Transportation Secretary Polly Trottenberg. "We are excited to support Louisiana's efforts to improve infrastructure, connectivity, and safety for rural communities."

"These are the fifth and sixth loans that Louisiana has closed over the past year as part of a bundle approach, which allows for more efficient processing and expedient closing. This is a model for projects around the country as we put infrastructure funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to work,"  said Executive Director Morteza Farajian. 

USDOT's Build America Bureau was established as a "one-stop-shop"  during the Obama Administration to help states and other project sponsors carry out infrastructure projects. The Bureau offers low-interest, long-term credit programs, technical assistance, and best practices in project planning, financing, delivery, and operation. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, signed by President Biden in November 2021, expands project eligibility for the Bureau's TIFIA credit program and extends maturity of the loans, giving borrowers additional flexibility.

The U.S. Department of Transportation has closed $38.5 billion in TIFIA financing, supporting more than $132.5 billion in infrastructure investment across the country.

Some of the media seem to suggest a new location ferry. The ferry loans are just for new boats for the existing Cameron Ferry locations and PERHAPS some repairs to the landings.

Anthony_JK

Quote from: Anthony_JK on November 07, 2022, 06:06:14 PM

I wish I could, but I've been home-ridden because of chronic dizziness that has me forced on disability leave for the past few months.

Only thing I can guess is that Lafayette Consolidated Government wants to downgrade Johnston Street between the Thruway and South College Road for some Streetscaping, and they want to get some of the heavy truck traffic and hurricane evacuation traffic off of Johnston Street and divert it to Ambassador Caffery Parkway.

Also, having LA 182 consistently along the Evangeline Thruway to I-10 allows for a continuous surface corridor accompaniment for the potential I-49 Lafayette Connector and I-49 South upgrade further south through Broussard.

If they ever decide to build the Ambassador Caffery Parkway North extension from I-10 to I-49 North at the LA 182 interchange near Carencro (Exit 7), that would make for a perfect bypass route for both US 167 (using that and existing ACP to Johnston Street) and US 90 (from Cameron Street all the way to the existing southern/eastern terminus at existing US 90/Future I-49 South south of Broussard).

[edited for addendum]

Just saw the updated map for Lafayette as of September.

It appears that the reroute for US 167 is as follows:

Going north on Johnston Street to S. College Road; west on S. College in front of UL's Cajun Field to Bertrand Drive; north on Bertrand to the connection with Ambassador Caffery Parkway; north on Ambassador Caffery to Cameron Street; east on Cameron/Mudd Avenue to Evangeline Thruway (concurrent with US 90); then north on Evangeline Thruway out to current I-49.

It also confirms that LA 182 will be rerouted north along US 90/Evangeline Thruway all the way to I-10, then will use I-10 west to the North University Avenue exit (101) to continue north on the existing route. However, the map states that the section of LA 182 through Carencro to the I-49 North interchange is scheduled to be transferred to local, so does that mean that 182 will be rerouted along I-49/US 167 north all the way to Sunset/Carencro or even Opelousas?

I can't imagine removing so many major arterials out of the state system and making them local. Perhaps Lafayette Parish could use some of those county/parish road designation signs like some parishes have?

Urban Prairie Schooner

Quote from: Anthony_JK on November 17, 2022, 01:46:08 PM
Quote from: Anthony_JK on November 07, 2022, 06:06:14 PM

[edited for addendum]

Just saw the updated map for Lafayette as of September.

It appears that the reroute for US 167 is as follows:

Going north on Johnston Street to S. College Road; west on S. College in front of UL's Cajun Field to Bertrand Drive; north on Bertrand to the connection with Ambassador Caffery Parkway; north on Ambassador Caffery to Cameron Street; east on Cameron/Mudd Avenue to Evangeline Thruway (concurrent with US 90); then north on Evangeline Thruway out to current I-49.

It also confirms that LA 182 will be rerouted north along US 90/Evangeline Thruway all the way to I-10, then will use I-10 west to the North University Avenue exit (101) to continue north on the existing route. However, the map states that the section of LA 182 through Carencro to the I-49 North interchange is scheduled to be transferred to local, so does that mean that 182 will be rerouted along I-49/US 167 north all the way to Sunset/Carencro or even Opelousas?

I can't imagine removing so many major arterials out of the state system and making them local. Perhaps Lafayette Parish could use some of those county/parish road designation signs like some parishes have?

The GIS data shows US 167 routed over I-10 from Amb. Caffery to I-49 instead of US 90.  Is the field signage different?

Regarding state maintenance of surface streets in urban areas, except for the most important roads route numbers largely do not play a role in navigation. I doubt more than a handful of drivers among the general public know (or care) that College Road is a state highway (much less its route number) and just know it by its street name.  The same could be said for most state maintained urban arterials in all the state's other major cities.  Parish numbered highways would be more useful in rural areas where street names are not well signed or are non-existent.

Anthony_JK

I'm going off the RS map for Lafayette that was published at the LADOTD website, which clearly marks US 167 as cosigned with US 90 going down Cameron Street/Mudd Avenue instead of I-10.

Perhaps something changed in the interim to modify the route?

bassoon1986

This 167/182 nonsense is ridiculous. I had forgotten about part of this thread until today when I needed to drive to Breaux Bridge. Upon coming back to the I-10/I-49 interchange I found this signage. I really want to explore Lafayette more to see if the full reroutes are all signed.

I'd forgotten the details from this thread, so when I saw these signs I just thought US 167 was left off of the south exit with 182 instead. 

iPhone

cjk374

I'm gonna venture a guess and say the LA 182 is a greenout patch over the US 167 shield?

bwana39

Quote from: Anthony_JK on November 18, 2022, 12:27:38 AM
I'm going off the RS map for Lafayette that was published at the LADOTD website, which clearly marks US 167 as cosigned with US 90 going down Cameron Street/Mudd Avenue instead of I-10.

Perhaps something changed in the interim to modify the route?

This is probably to move the miles from being maintained by the City / Parish to being maintained by DOTD. LA182 would still be maintained by DOTD.

It could be by some idea also be a way to take UL off the highway.

kirbykart

Quote from: cjk374 on November 07, 2022, 08:16:54 PM
An update on the signage involving the new Barksdale AFB/I-220 interchange:

All of the BGSs for WB I-20 telling you about exit 26 (I-220 interchange) have now all been replaced. For the 1st in 30+ years, TEXARKANA is once again listed as the control city for I-220 WEST...no more BY-PASS listed. But...it is the only thing listed. There is no mention, and no room for, BAFB or LA 1267. The signs are FHWA standard (Gothic maybe?), except for the 2-mile BGS sign. I have no idea what it is, but the word "Texarkana" is much smaller and is ugly as homemade sin. Also, the overhead BGS at the beginning of the exit ramp does not have EXIT ONLY yellow & black labels on either side of the down pointing arrow. MUTCD is very disappointed.

Speaking of BY-PASS, the same thing happens with I-210 in Lake Charles; on both sides it just says "Lake Charles BY-PASS". Why does LADOTD do this? They should use actual controls (probably Lafayette or Baton Rouge EB, and Beaumont or Houston WB).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.