Dear AHTD: Who is responsible for installing lighting at the Big Rock interchage

Started by M86, June 10, 2015, 02:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

Dear AHTD,
Who is responsible for installing that high mast lighting at the "Big Rock" interchange? Is it the City of Little Rock or Pulaski County? Or AHTD?

M86

Quote from: M86 on June 10, 2015, 02:37:18 AM
Dear AHTD,
Who is responsible for installing that high mast lighting at the "Big Rock" interchange? Is it the City of Little Rock or Pulaski County? Or AHTD?

Again, AHTD, can you tell me who is responsible for the high-mast lighting at the Big Rock interchange?  AHTDs roadway lighting policy (along Interstates and State maintained Highways) says that the local towns/communities/cities/counties are responsible for installing them.  It's very, very antiquated.

I'm curious about the Big Rock interchange.  Which entity erected the high-mast lighting?

capt.ron

Speaking of the Big Rock interchange, the last flyover from 630 west to 430 south is slated to open this weekend.

Brandon

Why do interchanges even need lights?  Reflectors should be fine, IMHO.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

msunat97

I've asked about lighting before.  It is up to the city of LR for the lighting.  It was dangerous a few months ago.  I haven't been through there at night to see if it is any better since more ramps are open.

Henry

There are still many major Interstate interchanges without any lights, which could make for very dangerous situations. So this is not limited to just AR, but in many other parts of the country as well.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

M86

Quote from: msunat97 on July 10, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
I've asked about lighting before.  It is up to the city of LR for the lighting.  It was dangerous a few months ago.  I haven't been through there at night to see if it is any better since more ramps are open.
Roadway lighting is a HUGE AHTD fault. It needs to be fixed.

AHTD

Illumination of the I-430/I-630 "Big Rock" Interchange is funded by the city of Little Rock.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.