News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

MNHighwayMan

hbelkins

Quote from: Takumi on January 31, 2017, 08:07:56 PM
Quote from: 1 on January 31, 2017, 08:00:30 PM
Trump vetoes Patriots' Super Bowl win
I wouldn't put it past him... (sorry mods, I won't go any further)

Since he's buddies with Brady, Belichick and Kraft, it would be more likely that he would veto a Falcons win.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 31, 2017, 07:56:54 PM
The worst act of Terrorism (domestic or otherwise) prior to Oklahoma City was in Bath, Michigan and involved a car bomb in addition to a school being rigged up for months to explode.  It is actually right down the street from where I went to High School, I'm amazed at how much it really is a forgotten and quite frankly f$@#ed up piece of American history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster#Truck_explosion

This was a stop on one of the Michigan road meets a few years ago.

Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 01, 2017, 02:35:48 PM
Quote from: kphoger on February 01, 2017, 01:15:08 PM
Alanland
Analland! :bigass:

Wasn't so risky for me. I knew exactly where that click was going to take me.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

Why don't we have a thread about the Third Crusade of the Great Goat Overland Rufus the fussy of Alanville?  With all this Goat Wars talk we ought to have more of the back story out there for discussion....just sayin. 

Henry

Quote from: formulanone on January 30, 2017, 10:19:02 AM
Arguably, that lands in #3, after the NY Giants' Brooklyn Dodgers' move to San Francisco Los Angeles (because of West Coast expansion) and Irsay using moving vans to move the Colts (because...moving vans).
FTFY
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 01, 2017, 10:20:19 PM
Why don't we have a thread about the Third Crusade of the Great Goat Overland Rufus the fussy of Alanville?  With all this Goat Wars talk we ought to have more of the back story out there for discussion....just sayin. 
Because this is AAroads, not AAroads.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Henry

Quote from: 1 on January 31, 2017, 08:00:30 PM
The 1-2-3 Interstate shield challenge!
I think we can try that one! As for threads you'll never see here, I just thought of one:

Fictional Power/Transmission Lines
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

noelbotevera

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: noelbotevera on February 03, 2017, 03:49:24 PM
Have you ever dyed?

Why stop there?  There can be a whole Manscaping Pointers thread...or not. 

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

Dzlsabe wins friends and influences people

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Desert Man

I'm on 3 wiki sites where my fantasies come true: Fictional TV stations (I own KNDU 14 Palm Springs with subchannel 41), fictional major league baseball teams (the Buffalo Bisons with a farm team in Sacramento - the Golden Retrievers), and even a fictional country (the Republic of Oklahoma, but the eastern half with territory claims in western Antarctica). Would it be great if I owned or ruled anything?
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

kphoger

Quote from: Desert Man on February 14, 2017, 08:41:02 PM
I'm on 3 wiki sites where my fantasies come true: Fictional TV stations (I own KNDU 14 Palm Springs with subchannel 41), fictional major league baseball teams (the Buffalo Bisons with a farm team in Sacramento - the Golden Retrievers), and even a fictional country (the Republic of Oklahoma, but the eastern half with territory claims in western Antarctica). Would it be great if I owned or ruled anything?

Agreed.  That thread topic is much too long.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Robotron 2084 (what if)

Take-a-Number Delicatessen Challenge

America: Where the Streets are Paved With Cheese

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

MNHighwayMan

Make the M25 ring road a coast-to-coast Interstate.

noelbotevera

Make my driveway a Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Cape Horn, Argentina 10 lane interstate (entire length)

kphoger

Clinching parking garages

Does anyone else here "collect" clinched parking garages?  To count as clinched, I need to have driven on every ramp/lane and parked in every space (handicap and motorcycle spaces don't count, though).  I've been mapping my clinches for the last two years or so, and I was just curious to see if anyone else does this too.  I'm considering starting a website for fellow members to map their parking garage clinches, similar to the clinched highway mapping websites that have popped up from time to time.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

yakra

Quote from: kphoger on February 22, 2017, 09:56:42 AM
Clinching parking garages

Does anyone else here "collect" clinched parking garages?  To count as clinched, I need to have driven on every ramp/lane and parked in every space (handicap and motorcycle spaces don't count, though).  I've been mapping my clinches for the last two years or so, and I was just curious to see if anyone else does this too.  I'm considering starting a website for fellow members to map their parking garage clinches, similar to the clinched highway mapping websites that have popped up from time to time.
:clap:
Concatenating parking garages that cross state lines could get a bit hairy.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

jp the roadgeek

Rank provincial highways in Nunavut based on importance.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

freebrickproductions

Immortality is fun!

Immorality is fun! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(They/Them)

sparker

kphoger

Quote from: sparker on March 05, 2017, 05:05:48 AM
Notable High Speed RIRO's!

I'm thinking about delta junctions wherein the non-terminating road is a divided highway.
Male pronouns, please.

yakra

Quote from: sparker on March 05, 2017, 05:05:48 AM
Notable High Speed RIRO's!
Does ME I-295 exit 24 count?

Quote from: kphoger on March 05, 2017, 03:43:41 PM
I'm thinking about delta junctions wherein the non-terminating road is a divided highway.
Tried Googling it, but the first page of results were just about an eponymous City in Alaska. What's a delta junction?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.