News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Did C-3PO ever really say, "Oh no R2!"?

Started by bandit957, June 28, 2023, 07:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

In 5th grade, one of the most hilarious things to do in the school cafeteria was blow bubbles through your straw in milk. This made the teacher really mad! I added music to it that sounded like spacey, high-pitched music from a sci-fi. I hummed this music while blowing bubbles through the straw. It actually sounded like the first 4 notes in the instrumental break with the gurgling sound in "Yah Mo B There" by James Ingram & Michael McDonald. It also sounded a little bit like some notes in the chorus of "Send Me An Angel" by Real Life.

After blowing bubbles in the milk and noticing that this music sounded like something from a sci-fi, I said in my best C-3PO voice, "Oh no R2!"

This sounds like something C-3PO would say. But did he ever really say it? I can't find any proof he ever said it. C-3PO often had a very distressed tone when addressing R2-D2, but I don't know if that was an exact quote.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Henry

Sounds like several other movie quotes that many people get wrong, like "If you build it, they will come"; "Do you feel lucky, punk?"; and "Play it again, Sam." These misquotes can be found here.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kphoger

And Sherlock Holmes never said, 'Elementary, my dear Watson'.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on June 29, 2023, 09:27:56 AM
And Sherlock Holmes never said, 'Elementary, my dear Watson'.
Sure he did.  See 1929's The Return of Sherlock Holmes.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

SectorZ

I was wondering if it was in the cigarette PSA, but it's not upon checking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAsnzVSyznw

Thanks bandit for now ruining two 80's classics for me.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.