News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New (Old) Iowa Scenic Byways Signed

Started by WhitePoleRD, August 20, 2019, 07:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePoleRD

Iowa has now signed two more byways in the last year. The White Pole Road (my namesake) has been signed between Adair and Dexter, and now the Jefferson Highway is starting to be signed in Warren County.
You take the high road, I'll take the low road and I'll be in Iowa before ye.

MNHighwayMan

Hasn't the White Pole Road been signed for a while now? I drove it last year in November and I know I saw at least one Byway sign for it. Maybe there's more of them now.

But the Jefferson Highway is definitely new. I've been waiting for signs to appear for that for a while now.

DandyDan

At least for the JH, the segments along US 65 are signed in and north of Mason City. Where it wanders off current US 65, I can't tell you. I can't speak for south of Mason City, as I never have a good reason to go that way and with my car the way it is, that's not going to change until I get a new one.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

WhitePoleRD

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on August 20, 2019, 08:38:03 PM
Hasn't the White Pole Road been signed for a while now? I drove it last year in November and I know I saw at least one Byway sign for it. Maybe there's more of them now.

I should have been more clear, I apologise. The State of Iowa signs its byways officially (https://iowadot.gov/iowasbyways) and gave White Pole Road an official designation. Before that, White Pole Road was signed unofficially by the White Pole Road Development Corporation.
You take the high road, I'll take the low road and I'll be in Iowa before ye.

US71

Quote from: DandyDan on August 24, 2019, 04:04:52 AM
At least for the JH, the segments along US 65 are signed in and north of Mason City. Where it wanders off current US 65, I can't tell you. I can't speak for south of Mason City, as I never have a good reason to go that way and with my car the way it is, that's not going to change until I get a new one.

There's a section near Colo, IA  that piggybacks with the old Lincoln Highway
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.