News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Corinth,TX: Unbelievable: US 77 Co-siged with I-35E at Corinth Pkwy

Started by Brian556, January 15, 2016, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This interchange was just rebuilt. Corinth Pkwy used to go over I-35E, but that has been reversed. It is well done, with all left turns being double. I was shocked to find the US 77 signs. There are none anywhere else on the I-35Express project, so obviously a different set of engineers designed this interchange, and put the US 77 signs in the plans, and the contractor just went with it.

Also, the Denton/Dallas signage is not needed here, since Corinth Pkwy is not a state highway.

Also, to me it was wasteful for them to make the temporary signs when they could have gone ahead and installed the permanent signs here, saving a lot of money.

The Ghostbuster

Was this just a fluke, or is this a trend to come? In any event, I say it's about time Texas acknowledged the Interstate 35E is also part of US 77.

TXtoNJ

Brian556

Brian556

The temporary signs have been replaced with permanent ones that have US 77 shields and state-name interstate shields. It is beautiful! It was raining so I couldn't get a pic. I will get one next sunny day.

Brandon

Quote from: TXtoNJ on January 16, 2016, 01:21:12 AM
"NBFR"? Sign contractor's from Houston, apparently.

Looks painfully bizarre to me.  I'm more used to something like this: "I-35E Service Drive".
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Brian556

To me, "I-35E" would be best. Of course it's a frontage road, that does not need to be said.

cjk374

Why is the Dallas/Denton sign unnecessary? Every interstate interchange I have seen...state maintained road or not...has always included control point signs.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brian556

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jakeroot

Alright, I'm an idiot. What's the big deal? Does US 77 not exist in Texas? Does I-35E not overlap with US-77?

Also, I don't see the issue with the Denton/Dallas signs. They're guide signs, and are a helpful on all roads, state highway or otherwise.

Mapmikey

Dallas County doesn't post US 67 or US 77 on their interstate overlays so this would be a change in that.

Brian556

US 77 is supposed to be hidden on I-35E. Green guide signs are not supposed to be posted where a city street intersects a highway

jakeroot

Quote from: Mapmikey on November 08, 2016, 08:52:06 PM
Dallas County doesn't post US 67 or US 77 on their interstate overlays so this would be a change in that.

Still don't see what the big deal is, or why this would be "unbelievable".

Quote from: Brian556 on November 09, 2016, 12:38:47 AM
Green guide signs are not supposed to be posted where a city street intersects a highway

....why?

Brian556

Quote from NE2:
Then why can't you believe it?

Because it was not expected, and is not supposed to be done

Quote from Jakeroot:
Quote....why?
TxDOT signing policy

Brian556

jakeroot

Quote from: Brian556 on November 09, 2016, 01:13:29 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on November 09, 2016, 01:21:43 AM
Quote from: Brian556 on November 09, 2016, 12:38:47 AM
Green guide signs are not supposed to be posted where a city street intersects a highway

....why?

TxDOT signing policy

That's fine. But earlier, you stated:

Quote from: Brian556 on January 15, 2016, 05:34:27 PM
the Denton/Dallas signage is not needed here, since Corinth Pkwy is not a state highway.

What you mean to say is, "not required". Guide signs are always helpful, regardless if they're required or not.

Sorry to nitpick, but from the perspective of someone not from the area, to say that a guide sign is not needed because of the designation (or lack thereof), is quite strange, if not, hard to comprehend.

NE2

Quote from: Brian556 on November 09, 2016, 01:13:29 PM
Quote from NE2:
Then why can't you believe it?

Because it was not expected, and is not supposed to be done

You were there and took photos. Do you not believe your own eyes?

texaskdog

Scott5114

The way that they have the signal heads horizontally aligned despite the fact that the arm is at an upward angle is kind of weird.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SquonkHunter

It's good to see the state-name Interstate shields again. I have missed them for too many years.

Brian556

Quote from Scott 5114:
QuoteThe way that they have the signal heads horizontally aligned despite the fact that the arm is at an upward angle is kind of weird.

That's nothing..

Scott5114

That's actually an example of what I would expect to see. Each signal head from right to left is slightly higher to follow the upward angle of the arm. In the I-35 junction example, the arm has an upward angle, but each signal head is mounted further and further beneath the arm to cause all of the signal heads to form a horizontal line.

It makes sense from a design point of view, but it is so seldom done it looks bizarre in practice.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bobby5280

Aside from the strange looking design, those temporary I-35E & US-77 signs were gigantic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.