News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

St. Louis 2016 Roads Meet - July 8-10

Started by kharvey10, November 29, 2015, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

And we have the meet photo.

Left to right: Brandon Gorte (me), Brian Rawson-Ketchum (rawmustard), Kim Harvey (kharvey10), David Backlin, Jason Ilyes (jpi), Carl Kittle's wife, Justin Schwendeman, Carl Kittle.  I apologize for not knowing the last three on the right's names completely.

Anyway, here's a US-66 shield for you to water your mouths over.

It's a frontage road detour near Elkhart, IL.

And a very usable bike path.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

hbelkins

The last name for Eric and Justin is Near.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

noelbotevera

You did better than me when I tried to decipher the names at the Central PA meet. I had a lot of question marks and nobody bothered to actually type out their names.

rawmustard

Quote from: hbelkins on July 11, 2016, 01:38:43 PM

Justin's last name is Schwendeman. I rode with him for most of the latter portion of the meet. I believe the other gentleman who rode with Kim is Carl Kittle, and he was with his wife.

Brandon

Quote from: rawmustard on July 11, 2016, 01:49:22 PM

Justin's last name is Schwendeman. I rode with him for most of the latter portion of the meet. I believe the other gentleman who rode with Kim is Carl Kittle, and he was with his wife.

Thanks. :-)
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

jpi

Eric and Justin Near were not at the meet. Great pics  :D
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

SSOWorld

Quote from: Brandon on July 11, 2016, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: rawmustard on July 11, 2016, 01:49:22 PM

Thanks. :-)
Then they were far. ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

bandit957

Quote from: Brandon on July 10, 2016, 08:20:21 PM
And we have the meet photo.

It's a shame the "Send Poo" sign wasn't there.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

dvferyance

I was actually in St Louis last weekend but I did my own sightseeing trip. Anyways is the US 66 shield supposed to be some kind of joke? I would think IDOT knows it no longer exist right?

Brandon

Quote from: dvferyance on July 11, 2016, 10:38:22 PM
I was actually in St Louis last weekend but I did my own sightseeing trip. Anyways is the US 66 shield supposed to be some kind of joke? I would think IDOT knows it no longs exist right.

It's a contractor sign for a detour.

hbelkins

Quote from: jpi on July 11, 2016, 07:57:39 PM
Eric and Justin Near were not at the meet.

My bad. I didn't look closely at the photo, and when I saw a male and female and the names Eric and Justin, I presumed it was the Nears. Eric's wife is named Justin.

Funny Eric Near story -- he's originally from Ironton, Ohio, and he came to the Charleston, WV meet I hosted back in 2008. He texted me and said he was somewhere on I-64 and then he concluded the text with E Near. I didn't realize it was from him, as I thought someone was saying they were on 64 E(ast) Near... and then the rest of the text didn't come through.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jpi

Quote from: hbelkins on July 12, 2016, 01:59:41 PM
Quote from: jpi on July 11, 2016, 07:57:39 PM
Eric and Justin Near were not at the meet.

My bad. I didn't look closely at the photo, and when I saw a male and female and the names Eric and Justin, I presumed it was the Nears. Eric's wife is named Justin.

Funny Eric Near story -- he's originally from Ironton, Ohio, and he came to the Charleston, WV meet I hosted back in 2008. He texted me and said he was somewhere on I-64 and then he concluded the text with E Near. I didn't realize it was from him, as I thought someone was saying they were on 64 E(ast) Near... and then the rest of the text didn't come through.  :-D
Actually that meet was in June 09 ;-), I remember because that was when Steph's mom was in town visiting us and they spent the weekend in Nashville while I came up to your meet, was also the lastbig trip I took my old Malibu on before it died :banghead:, also the next month was our first trip out west :bigass:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

US71

Quote from: Brandon on July 12, 2016, 06:08:26 AM
Quote from: dvferyance on July 11, 2016, 10:38:22 PM
I was actually in St Louis last weekend but I did my own sightseeing trip. Anyways is the US 66 shield supposed to be some kind of joke? I would think IDOT knows it no longs exist right.

It's a contractor sign for a detour.

Though parts of the highway have street signs saying "US Highway 66"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.