Sourcing Traffic Signals for Collections

Started by MCRoads, April 30, 2019, 12:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

I know there is a thread very similar to this, however, it extremely old, and the links posted there are long dead. :( So, I thought I would share what I just found. I asked my math teacher how to acquire a city traffic signal, and he told me that (by some law) the city has to sell surplus material, if it is deemed usable. So.... as it turns out, Colorado Springs Utilities sells a pallet of surplus signal stuff around the summer months! So, if you live in a large city, just look up "[city] Surplus Sale/Auction" , and look through the old listings to see if there is a pattern. I'm going to try and email/call them to see if they are selling any this year. Your situation may differ, and the equipment obviously wont be the same, but I thought this would be helpful to some.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.