News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Missing BGS's

Started by webny99, June 12, 2018, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Quote from: Roadsguy on June 19, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on June 19, 2018, 10:03:35 PM
Not to mention Wilmington is now gone, after it was finally added after many years of US 301 not having any sort of control city.  Now Salisbury is even gone for US 50.  I guess the MDSHA does not have this assembly's replacement in the budget.

They installed new APLs without any control cities?
I was referring to the time these were on the road.  I have no clue about the replacements. 

Excuse me today, when you have issues with women your mind is not on things.  I did not see that the APL was now added in the text.   It is even more on your mind when you have issues with a female co worker.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

webny99

Quote from: davewiecking on June 19, 2018, 09:16:40 PM
[img snipped]
Several years ago, issues were found with the sign gantry at this location. A few weeks after an emergency removal of the overhead gantry and sign, these 2 signs appeared on the old gantry supports. (This was the third in a sequence of nearly identical diagramatic signs.) This past spring, a new gantry was installed and 3 new APL signs appeared in this stretch.

That's an interesting way to sign option lanes. I wonder if there's anywhere where it's been done like that permanently.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: webny99 on June 20, 2018, 12:15:33 PM
Quote from: davewiecking on June 19, 2018, 09:16:40 PM
[img snipped]
Several years ago, issues were found with the sign gantry at this location. A few weeks after an emergency removal of the overhead gantry and sign, these 2 signs appeared on the old gantry supports. (This was the third in a sequence of nearly identical diagramatic signs.) This past spring, a new gantry was installed and 3 new APL signs appeared in this stretch.

That's an interesting way to sign option lanes. I wonder if there's anywhere where it's been done like that permanently.

It's definitely way better than how NJDOT signed I-295 approaching 42/76...using 2 arrows for 3 lanes, leaving a driver unfamiliar with the area to guess if they *had* to be in the left or right lane, and if the center lane could be used for both, or only went towards one roadway.  https://goo.gl/maps/yReEvhtDDBq

davewiecking

Quote from: hbelkins on June 20, 2018, 11:04:06 AM
Start here and go forward...

2017 Delaware trip Day 2 - 004 by H.B. Elkins, on Flickr
Good timing on this one; shows newly installed APL sign in front of an older diagrammatic. Looks like replacement work was done a bit earlier than "this past spring"!

roadman65

I do admit that Ocean City is a better choice than Salisbury.  More people go there.  During the Summer its real popular among people from the DC area or Baltimore.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.