News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

2011-2015 STIP for Missouri

Started by Revive 755, May 06, 2010, 01:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Main site:
http://www.modot.org/plansandprojects/construction_program/STIP2011-2015/DistrictConstruct/index.htm

Hannibal District program
* US 61 interchange for South Lincoln Drive in Troy, 2013

Sikeston District
* Capacity improvement for US 67 on the south side of Poplar Bluff
* Roundabouts for the US 67 interchange in Farmington with MO 221/Rte W

Scoping projects (statewide)
http://www.modot.org/plansandprojects/construction_program/STIP2011-2015/documents/Sec03_DesignandScoping.pdf
* Widening for part of US 71 in Cass County?

* Plans to take a look at the I-44/US 50/Rte O interchange area

* Seems to be a new Rte MM in Jefferson County that connects to US 61, or a typo

* The Route MM project in Jefferson County appears to be back from the dead

* Why waste money on sound abatement for US 40-61 near Lake St. Louis?  The road has been there for years, most of the houses have not.  I have doubts about any large increase in sound with the construction of the new eastbound lanes.

* Finally an official study for the I-270 problem area between I-44 and MO 100

* New I-44 interchange for improved Route 66 State Park Access, given the closure of the old bridge?

* Additional ramps for the new river bridge on I-70?  Will have to inquire about this one.

* New I-44 west Rolla interchange; part of a future US 63 bypass, given the connection to Rte CC?

ShawnP

I noticed the widening of US-71/I-49 in Cass County. That county is growing very fast at that end and the road needs it. Add in extra interstate traffic and it's a very needed project. Hopefully the North Cass Parkway project can relieve alot of the congestion on MO-58 which is really bad with it's backups by US-71/I-49. I also noticed a scoping project for US-71/I-49 to the Arkansas border. So MODOT must be planning to finish to the border by adding extra money after moving money to finish US-71/I-49 north of Joplin. Also MODOT keep funding for Cass County's upgrade to Interstate standards starting in the summer of 2012.

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: ShawnP on May 06, 2010, 02:54:11 PM
I noticed the widening of US-71/I-49 in Cass County. That county is growing very fast at that end and the road needs it. Add in extra interstate traffic and it's a very needed project. Hopefully the North Cass Parkway project can relieve alot of the congestion on MO-58 which is really bad with it's backups by US-71/I-49. I also noticed a scoping project for US-71/I-49 to the Arkansas border. So MODOT must be planning to finish to the border by adding extra money after moving money to finish US-71/I-49 north of Joplin. Also MODOT keep funding for Cass County's upgrade to Interstate standards starting in the summer of 2012.
I wish they would build a more freeway-like connection at the MO 7 interchange S. of Harrisonville. With all of the traffic heading S towards Springfield there, the traffic often backs up at the interchange.

ShawnP

I was looking at plans on the MODOT web site for upgrades to I-49 it shows a future interchange just east of I-49 on MO-7. They plan to tie that interchange in with all the MO-7 traffic and traffic that used to use US-71. The US-71 traffic might have to back track but it will be more expensive to build a interchange on the new I-49 and it would be so close to MO-7 that it might have to be a trumpet interchange to not interfere with exit and entrance ramps for both interchanges.

Revive 755

A couple updates/additional info for some of the scoping projects:

* The Route MM widening in Jefferson County is apparently going to simply be widening part of the existing alignment since a new alignment could not be agreed upon

* The additional ramps for the I-70 interchange at the Great Lemon Bridge are in relation to the Northside redevelopment, not making the new bridge a more useful PSB alternate by adding ramps for I-55 traffic.  From the redevelopment website, the new ramps will be an EB I-70 exit to Mullphany Street, and a WB ramp from the bridge to Mullphany Street.
http://www.northsideregeneration.com/Implement/interchanges.html

ShawnP

Are they at least building with a future bridge in mind with the exit and entrance ramps?

Revive 755

Quote from: ShawnP on May 12, 2010, 11:52:46 AM
Are they at least building with a future bridge in mind with the exit and entrance ramps?

That is the main excuse I've gotten for not building the ramps for I-55 traffic to use the new bridge; the I-55 ramps would have to be removed should the phase 2 twin span be built.  Therefore, short of a political body overriding MoDOT, the ramps really needed on the bridge won't come any time soon. 

The other ramps to be studied as part of the Northside redevelopment do not appear to pose any problems for the second phase of the bridge project, unless the parkway connection to 14th Street is revived.

ShawnP

Thanks as I think traffic with fill this new bridge quickly and we will all see the mistake that was made by building the new bridge on the cheap.

Revive 755

Article mentions that whether the companion I-70 bridge is needed will be looked at in 20-25 years:
http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=12503325

I think it will be obvious much sooner than that if the companion bridge is needed, probably similar to how the failure to properly rebuild and widen I-64 between I-170 and Skinker is already making itself known.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.