News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 71- MO 126 Interchange to Open

Started by US71, June 28, 2010, 07:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

MoDOT has announced the US 71/MO 126 interchange south of Lamar will open on June 30.

Details here:

http://www.modot.org/southwest/newsreleases/District7News.shtml?action=displaySSI&newsId=56949

That's another piece of future I-49 completed  :clap:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ShawnP

Good news a bit ahead of sked..........will they truly close those access points with grading and new grass or just put up barriers. MODOT please don't do it on the cheap and do it the right way.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on June 29, 2010, 12:51:05 PM
Good news a bit ahead of sked..........will they truly close those access points with grading and new grass or just put up barriers. MODOT please don't do it on the cheap and do it the right way.

For now, at least, probably barriers like they have in several other places. Eventually, I'm sure, they will remove the crossovers completely.

ShawnP

I would have included as part of the Interchange funding. But foresight like that might not have been part of Pete's innovative design ways.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on June 29, 2010, 04:52:13 PM
I would have included as part of the Interchange funding. But foresight like that might not have been part of Pete's innovative design ways.

You'll be happy to know the crossroads in question are permanently closed at US 71: access has been totally removed on both sides of the intersections. This information has been field verified.  :spin:

ShawnP

Well saved me a trip........woulda been mad to see Jersey barriers.

US71

ShawnP

I will be a true road geek next week and do the picture thingy.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on July 16, 2010, 11:54:10 AM
I will be a true road geek next week and do the picture thingy.

I have a few pics of it still u/c, but haven't sorted them yet.

BTW: MoDOT says DD/EE will open in about 2 weeks.

ShawnP

All three southern one's should be open with a week or two as the last one is in the final stages of paving, signs and landscape. Like you said the access points were closed properly. One think MODOT has forgotten or isn't telling AAHSTO about it some substandard bridges that will need to replaced and or repaired. Most are small and easily done except one river bridge at Marias Des Cynges (sp?). Overall I-49 is very, very, very close to being done from Gregory Blvd south to the Bella Vista Bypass. Now since we are Road Geeks and have the answers to everything. Where are the rest areas going? I say south of Butler, between Peculiar and Harrisonville then a Welcome Center.

US71

Shawn: have looked at MoDOT's Safe and Sound project? It lists bridges that are in need of replacing.

Ironically, the MO 126 North Fork Spring River bridge was not replaced while the 126 interchange was under construction. That seems like poor planning.

ShawnP

Yes sometimes you wonder if two sides of the same office are talking at MODOT. However since I have bashed em enough over the Three Trials fiasco. I will go easy on em for now. I saw alot of substandard bridges with Safe Sound signs but not all of the substandard ones.

ShawnP

BTW North Cass Parkway is to open tommorow and just ready to have the barrels pulled to open her up.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on July 27, 2010, 11:21:05 PM
BTW North Cass Parkway is to open tommorow and just ready to have the barrels pulled to open her up.

I'm waiting for the ceremony marking the completion of 126/V C/DD EE. MoDOT says they will have one ceremony.  I have a brand new shirt I'm saving for that occasion ;)

ShawnP

You really are a true road geek :) I am moving to Louisville so very few more trips down to Joplin for me.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on July 27, 2010, 11:42:37 PM
You really are a true road geek :) I am moving to Louisville so very few more trips down to Joplin for me.

Well, c'mon over to Cafe Press and grab some souvenirs :D

ShawnP

I look forward to Indiana as it's Major Moves road work is a Road Geeks paradise. Plus with the Louisville Bridges work coming up. I have no doubt that Indiana and Kentucky won't get it done as both states and the whole Louisville area badly need a new I-65 bridge and east end bridge plus both states already putting large amounts of money aside. The anti Toll folks will whine but the only way to finish both bridges is with tolls covering half the cost. Otherwise no new bridges and Louisville grinds to a halt because of one helluva bottle neck at downtown Louisville.

US71

ShawnP

Looks like 52 east might be done by October 1st at the latest as they have gotten past the soil problems and are zooming along.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.