News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

California state route 223 at California state route 58 Bakersfield-Barstow Hwy.

Started by ACSCmapcollector, July 09, 2016, 04:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

California state route 223 at California state route 58 Bakersfield-Barstow Hwy.

I think they need a diamond interchange at California state route 58, the Bakersfield-Barstow Highway at California state route 223, National Purple Heart Trail.  What are your comments, about this important subject?

Scott C. Presnal
Morro Bay, CA

sparker

See my comments under the "CA 58/Kramer Jct. Bypass" thread.  Thanks for paying attention to this particular situation.

myosh_tino

Once the two bypasses have been constructed (Hinkley and Kramer Junction), this, IMO, would be the last meaningful upgrade on CA-58 between Bakersfield and Barstow.  I believe there is enough cross-traffic at this intersection to warrant at least a diamond interchange.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

kkt

Quote from: myosh_tino on July 11, 2016, 01:12:17 PM
Once the two bypasses have been constructed (Hinkley and Kramer Junction), this, IMO, would be the last meaningful upgrade on CA-58 between Bakersfield and Barstow.  I believe there is enough cross-traffic at this intersection to warrant at least a diamond interchange.

A trumpet would be sufficient.  Traffic to or from the north side of CA 58 would use the underpass at Bena Rd. a mile west, or they could build an overpass at Bealville Rd., about a mile east of 223.

myosh_tino

Quote from: kkt on July 11, 2016, 03:57:07 PM
Quote from: myosh_tino on July 11, 2016, 01:12:17 PM

A trumpet would be sufficient.  Traffic to or from the north side of CA 58 would use the underpass at Bena Rd. a mile west, or they could build an overpass at Bealville Rd., about a mile east of 223.

IIRC, that section of CA-58 at the Bena Rd undercrossing is on a significant upgrade (heading west) so putting ramps there is not as straight-forward as it might seem.

What I would do is construct a diamond interchange at the current 58-233 intersection and grade-separate Bena Rd/Bealville Rd.  A trumpet interchange requires a larger footprint compared to a diamond.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.