News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

high of 73 with a thunderstorm coming
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

High of 67 and the wind finally settling down after a few blustery days. We need some rain around here, otherwise fires are going to be bad again.

CoreySamson

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 15, 2022, 10:17:10 AM
High of 67 and the wind finally settling down after a few blustery days. We need some rain around here, otherwise fires are going to be bad again.
Houston also needs some rain. The typical spring thunderstorms we usually get are dying out near College Station and not making their way down here. We haven't even gotten a quarter-inch of rain so far this month. Worse, no rain is in the forecast for the next 2 weeks. We're in a severe drought already and it's only going to get worse from here on out as it warms up.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

LilianaUwU

Today was the first day over 10C, with the current temperature at 12C (53F) and a clear sky.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Roadgeekteen

Billy F 1988

Things have been very goofy these last ten plus days in Missoula. 34 with snow showers. Winter Weather Advisories have been issued for most Western Montana mountains and North Idaho Panhandle until 9 AM MDT Sunday morning.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

jp the roadgeek

Sunny, but windy and only in the 40's.  Feels more like Christmas than Easter.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Roadgeekteen

Ted$8roadFan

Cloudy and coolish, only in the upper 40s.

7/8

It's currently 0C (32F) and snowing! It's expected to be 4-8cm of snow (1.6-3.1") and it already looks like winter again.  :pan: Also not ideal since I switched back to all seasons last week, but thankfully my commute is short.

webny99

Quote from: 7/8 on April 18, 2022, 05:12:34 PM
It's currently 0C (32F) and snowing! It's expected to be 4-8cm of snow (1.6-3.1") and it already looks like winter again.  :pan: Also not ideal since I switched back to all seasons last week, but thankfully my commute is short.

Meanwhile, a few hours to the east, it's still 46F! No precipitation yet, although we are expected to get rain soon, switching to snow later tonight.

7/8

Quote from: webny99 on April 18, 2022, 05:30:02 PM
Quote from: 7/8 on April 18, 2022, 05:12:34 PM

Meanwhile, a few hours to the east, it's still 46F! No precipitation yet, although we are expected to get rain soon, switching to snow later tonight.

"That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes."

JayhawkCO

61 and sunny here. Supposed to get up to 80 for the first time this year later in the week.

kphoger

We've refused to turn the heat back on.  This morning, it was down to 63°F in the house–which, for a person with zero body fat like me, can lead to hypothermia.  It's currently 60°F and sunny outside, though, and our picture window faces the setting sun, so it's nice right now.

This is great weather for reading on the front porch after work, especially because the mosquitoes aren't out yet.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 18, 2022, 07:03:17 PM
This is great weather for reading on the front porch after work, especially because the mosquitoes aren't out yet.

This is a great time of year to be outside in general (although not at this exact moment here, due to the conditions noted above). Some people think 45-60 degrees is too cold to be outside, but I think it's near-perfect weather, especially when the sun is shining.

jgb191

Now is typically the time when parts of South Texas start averaging 90 degrees, but so far this year our area has already seen it on 20-30 days.  Laredo has seen 30 days of 90+ and eight days in the triple-digits since the year 2022 began.  I can't wait to see what our summer weather brings to us this year.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

kphoger

Quote from: jgb191 on April 19, 2022, 01:21:21 AM
Now is typically the time when parts of South Texas start averaging 90 degrees, but so far this year our area has already seen it on 20-30 days.  Laredo has seen 30 days of 90+ and eight days in the triple-digits since the year 2022 began.  I can't wait to see what our summer weather brings to us this year.

Am I seeing this right?  Laredo hit 97°F on February 22.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

I just got an alert that we might be affected by a huge snowstorm today.  This was from an MSO for whom we do business in Kansas City and Lincoln, NE.  The current temperature in both cities is above 35°F, and the forecast for both is above 55°F.   :confused:

Then I kept reading and realized it's because one of the call centers for our field techs is in Vestal, NY–where they've already gotten more than ten inches of snow.  Ah, now it makes more sense!
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 19, 2022, 10:05:01 AM
Then I kept reading and realized it's because one of the call centers for our field techs is in Vestal, NY–where they've already gotten more than ten inches of snow.  Ah, now it makes more sense!

What a strange storm. Just 100 miles away, it's currently 37F and overcast, and I haven't seen so much as one snowflake. It's possible there was some snow overnight, but if there was, it was gone by 7AM.

Usually, it gets colder the further inland you travel, but with this storm, it seems like the zone of below freezing temperatures is much narrower than usual... and it's not lake effect snow, either, because the affected areas are too far from the Great Lakes for that.

Roadgeekteen

jgb191

A considerably cooler day today!  Highs only in the upper 80s, after the last several weeks of temperatures climbing above 90 degrees on a daily basis.  So a bit of a break from the warmth for now before it starts rising again.  But overnight lows remain between 70 and 80 degrees.  We probably won't be seeing 60s again until this fall.

Quote from: kphoger on April 19, 2022, 09:18:56 AM
Am I seeing this right?  Laredo hit 97°F on February 22.

Yeah you saw it right; that same day had triple-digits somewhat further south of Laredo.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

US71

54 and overcast I can't wait until Spring gets here..
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.