News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Culver’s is Coming Soon to our Area!

Started by kevinb1994, March 02, 2019, 04:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Hardee's is decent, but expensive. They do burger basket deals on Thursdays that are probably the most worthwhile day to visit.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Road Hog

Culver's is here already but they announced they're opening one up the road in Denison, where they have a Freddy's too.

Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are basically the same company, just a different name East and West. Their menus are a little different but I loved the breakfasts from both.

A little surprised they have Jack in the Box in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri and Tennessee, but not one in Arkansas.

hbelkins

Quote from: Flint1979 on March 10, 2019, 07:22:37 PM
Is Hardee's good or bad? I'll take everyone's word for it.

When Hardee's first came to Kentucky, their varied menu was a big selling point for me. Not only could you get charbroiled burgers (yum) but they had hot dogs, roast beef sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwiches, and a lot of other goodies. At some point they scaled their menu back to mostly burgers, but they've expanded it again. I still don't think you can get an Arby's-type roast beef sandwich, but ham and cheese, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and strips, etc., are back on the menu.

My biggest complaint about Hardee's, as someone else mentioned, is the price. They tried to rebrand themselves as some kind of upscale fast food place when they introduced the Six Dollar Thickburger, and the prices  reflect that. A small Monster Burger combo will run you $10. They do offer coupons occasionally that will get you good deals on some of their food. I'm surprised they don't have an app yet like McDonald's or Wendy's, complete with digital coupons like those two chains have.

Hardee's did make an appearance in some smaller Kentucky towns before McDonald's or Wendy's, but I'm not sure how they do in some of the less-affluent places. Hyden (Leslie County) has had a Hardee's for years. I don't know if it's still open or not.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Big John

Quote from: hbelkins on March 10, 2019, 08:25:41 PM

I still don't think you can get an Arby's-type roast beef sandwich
They do offer that "Big Roast Beef" in Wisconsin at least.

abefroman329

Hardee's is good. In addition to the sandwiches HB mentions, they also used to sell fried chicken.

If you're out West, go to Carl's Jr., same menu.

Flint1979

Quote from: hbelkins on March 10, 2019, 08:25:41 PM

When Hardee's first came to Kentucky, their varied menu was a big selling point for me. Not only could you get charbroiled burgers (yum) but they had hot dogs, roast beef sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwiches, and a lot of other goodies. At some point they scaled their menu back to mostly burgers, but they've expanded it again. I still don't think you can get an Arby's-type roast beef sandwich, but ham and cheese, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and strips, etc., are back on the menu.

My biggest complaint about Hardee's, as someone else mentioned, is the price. They tried to rebrand themselves as some kind of upscale fast food place when they introduced the Six Dollar Thickburger, and the prices  reflect that. A small Monster Burger combo will run you $10. They do offer coupons occasionally that will get you good deals on some of their food. I'm surprised they don't have an app yet like McDonald's or Wendy's, complete with digital coupons like those two chains have.

Hardee's did make an appearance in some smaller Kentucky towns before McDonald's or Wendy's, but I'm not sure how they do in some of the less-affluent places. Hyden (Leslie County) has had a Hardee's for years. I don't know if it's still open or not.
I've been wondering what they are like lately. I haven't been to a Hardee's in a long time. There happens to be one in Owosso which is a city in the next county south of me about 45 miles away but other than that I don't think they have much of a presence in Michigan. The reason I was wondering is because the Love's in Bridgeport is about to open and it has a Hardee's so I would love to try a brand new Hardee's.

Rothman

My first Hardee's was in Kentucky; I have a cousin that loved the place.  However, that was before the upscaling of the menu that H.B. mentioned.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kevinb1994

Due to my age I never had anything from Hardee's until they opened up in New Jersey. Used to live near the New Brunswick location until late September 2017 when we moved down here from outside of Princeton.

renegade

They have a pretty good ham and swiss sandwich.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

abefroman329

Quote from: Rothman on March 10, 2019, 11:07:52 PM
My first Hardee's was in Kentucky; I have a cousin that loved the place.  However, that was before the upscaling of the menu that H.B. mentioned.
I thought it had since been re-downscaled.  They definitely did away with the "fast casual" thing they were doing for a while, when you'd place your order at the counter and they'd deliver it to your table.

Big John

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 11, 2019, 01:37:41 PM
They definitely did away with the "fast casual" thing they were doing for a while, when you'd place your order at the counter and they'd deliver it to your table.
They still do that in Wisconsin.

webny99

Quote from: Flint1979 on March 09, 2019, 05:53:52 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 09, 2019, 02:59:17 PM
McDonalds is still my favorite fast food breakfast. I tried the breakfast at Taco Bell once and wish I hadn't.
I like McDonald's for breakfast fast food as well. Thanks for the heads up on Taco Bell, I generally don't like them anyway so their breakfast menu has never been on my bucket list.

Taco Bell's Crunchwraps and Grande Scramblers are good, but I am cautious when it comes to the rest of their breakfast menu.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 10, 2019, 12:42:52 PM
I ate the breakfast at a Days Inn we stayed at that was close to the hospital where my wife gave birth and complained online about how disgusting it was.

The childbirth or the breakfast?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on March 11, 2019, 02:34:48 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 10, 2019, 12:42:52 PM
I ate the breakfast at a Days Inn we stayed at that was close to the hospital where my wife gave birth and complained online about how disgusting it was.

The childbirth or the breakfast?
I think it was clear before you edited my post, but the breakfast.  The childbirth, if anything, was a lot less disgusting than I thought it would be. 

The trouble with the "healthy" options at free hotel breakfasts is that they generally consist of over/underripe fruit, gross-looking hardboiled eggs, and yogurt with several spoonfuls of sugar added to them.  Not that the non-healthy options are much better, unless you love stale doughnuts.  In general, the more you pay for the room, the better the breakfast.  The free breakfast at Embassy Suites is usually good, as is the breakfast at most newer Hampton Inns.

hbelkins

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 10, 2019, 08:59:39 PM
Hardee's is good. In addition to the sandwiches HB mentions, they also used to sell fried chicken.

If you're out West, go to Carl's Jr., same menu.

They do chicken tenders and fried chicken sandwiches now. I'm not sure about bone-in chicken, however.

I think I've mentioned Lee's Famous Recipe before. Pretty good fast-food chicken.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Buck87

I grew up knowing Hardee's as the place to go for roast beef (if it was lunch or dinner), or biscuits and gravy (if it was breakfast)

Though it looks like the roast beef thing was a fairly short period of their history when they owned Rax. The Hardee's in my town started as Burger Chef (before my time), and it turned into a Rax for a couple tears in the late 90's or early 00's before shutting down altogether.

Rothman

I did like milkshakes at Carl's Jr. when I lived in Concord, CA.  Haven't had one in decades, though.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jp the roadgeek

About 5 years ago, Hardees/Carl's Jr had eyes on expansion into New England.  Seems they hit a wall.  There's 3 in the NYC area branded as Carl's Jr locations (North Bergen and 2 in Brooklyn), but according to their website, the ones in Poughkeepsie and Middletown, NY are closed. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

ce929wax

I'm not a huge fan of Hardee's.  I find their burgers to taste a little off, but that could also be a one-off, as the last time I ate there was the one on TN 33 in Maynardville.  I did like Carl's Jr before they merged with Hardees, but haven't tried them since they merged.

kendancy66

Quote from: Road Hog on March 10, 2019, 07:59:09 PM
Culver's is here already but they announced they're opening one up the road in Denison, where they have a Freddy's too.

Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are basically the same company, just a different name East and West. Their menus are a little different but I loved the breakfasts from both.

I enjoy the loaded breakfast burrito from Carls Jr.  Farmer Boys has even better breakfast burrito too.

A little surprised they have Jack in the Box in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri and Tennessee, but not one in Arkansas.

I enjoy the loaded breakfast burrito from Carls Jr.  A local fast food place near me called Farmer Boys has even better breakfast burrito too.

Flint1979

Hardee's use to have a presence around here years ago but has since gone away. The closest location is the Owosso location and the new one in the Love's in Bridgeport opening soon. Hardee's opened in an old Burger Chef I remember Burger Chef. There is one former Hardee's location in Pinconning that has been abandoned for several years (20+ years) that hasn't been in use since it was a Hardee's and the building still stands vacant. It's at 500 S. Mable Street, Pinconning, MI.

abefroman329

I could've sworn I've eaten at a Hardee's in Holland, MI sometime while my in-laws were living there, but maybe I'm wrong.

It looks like the one I once went to on the South Side has now gone out of business.  No surprise, the food I got there was almost inedible.

ETA: Looks like there is a Hardee's in Holland after all.

Flint1979

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 14, 2019, 10:00:28 AM
I could've sworn I've eaten at a Hardee's in Holland, MI sometime while my in-laws were living there, but maybe I'm wrong.

It looks like the one I once went to on the South Side has now gone out of business.  No surprise, the food I got there was almost inedible.

ETA: Looks like there is a Hardee's in Holland after all.
I think that's a newer one inside a Love's truck stop

Flint1979

I'm in a brand new Culver's right now. They aren't new to the area though. I'm in the location at 2910 Wilder Road Bay City, MI. Service seems kind of slow.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.