AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Google Street View  (Read 1981 times)

KeithE4Phx

• Last Login: Today at 11:47:52 AM
Re: Google Street View
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2023, 06:35:27 PM »

How about a complete redo of rural America?  Much of it hasn't been done since 2010 or earlier, and even some roads that were done back then have been removed.  I find it hard to believe that Google doesn't have the money to do this.  Yes, it would be time-consuming and expensive.
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Bruce

• Stuck on I-5

• Last Login: Today at 02:02:10 AM
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2023, 06:37:25 PM »

How about a complete redo of rural America?  Much of it hasn't been done since 2010 or earlier, and even some roads that were done back then have been removed.  I find it hard to believe that Google doesn't have the money to do this.  Yes, it would be time-consuming and expensive.

Probably a low cost-benefit ratio. There's not that much demand for most places outside of cities, natural wonders, and a few odd places.

Poiponen13

• Last Login: September 30, 2023, 03:13:01 PM
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2023, 08:43:33 AM »

South Korea still has large unphotographed areas. Most minor cities and major freeways are not photographed entirely. What could it be?

andrepoiy

• Last Login: Today at 04:29:43 PM
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2023, 11:36:16 AM »

South Korea still has large unphotographed areas. Most minor cities and major freeways are not photographed entirely. What could it be?

I would assume due to national security laws. South Korea's maps have certain regulations that must be met. That's why Google Maps didn't use a vector-based map in South Korea for a good while.

But of course this is just speculation, I have no good answer.

Poiponen13

• Last Login: September 30, 2023, 03:13:01 PM
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2023, 03:35:12 PM »

The new Route 1 freeway in Prince Edward Island has not yet been photographed. And there are large gaps in western Iceland, compared to other parts of the country.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.