News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

KYTC "Bridging Kentucky" Program

Started by ThatRandomOshawott, August 13, 2020, 07:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatRandomOshawott

As of late, the KYTC has been at it with a bridge replacement/restoration program titled "Bridging Kentucky". They are apparently going to replace a good bunch of old backroads bridges in the state, and two near my house have already been replaced. Click on the image seen here to view bridges set to be replaced under the program: https://bridgingkentucky.com/bridges/
I understand the reason for this program, but the KYTC hasn't been friendly in the past to historic bridges, and one of my favorite local bridges is set to be replaced under the program:

InterstateHistorian

I have tried to view the map or find a list on the website but haven't had any luck. I get a The username you entered is not a member of this organization. when I made an account to look.
----------------------------------------------
So many states traveled, but still 24 more to go.
----------------------------------------------

hbelkins

Quote from: InterstateHistorian on October 04, 2020, 09:09:52 PM
I have tried to view the map or find a list on the website but haven't had any luck. I get a The username you entered is not a member of this organization. when I made an account to look.

Shouldn't need an account. The site has always worked for me, no matter if I was at work or at home.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mvak36

Quote from: hbelkins on October 05, 2020, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: InterstateHistorian on October 04, 2020, 09:09:52 PM

Shouldn't need an account. The site has always worked for me, no matter if I was at work or at home.

The site is working fine, but the GIS isn't working for me either. When I click on the map to see what bridges are in the program, it's asking me for a log in.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

hbelkins

I'm not sure if the communications consultant (C2 Strategic) or the engineering consultant (Stantec) is responsible for the site. It's not a state government endeavor.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mvak36

Quote from: hbelkins on October 06, 2020, 03:43:10 PM
I'm not sure if the communications consultant (C2 Strategic) or the engineering consultant (Stantec) is responsible for the site. It's not a state government endeavor.

Looks like it got fixed now: https://stantec.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=7588bcbe2b3a490db874c046dea4922c
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.