News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AZ 88/188 junction at Roosevelt Dam

Started by Max Rockatansky, November 26, 2018, 12:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Put together a small blog post on the history of highway crossings at Roosevelt Dam from the masonry structure up to the modern arch bridge:

https://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/11/bridge-monday-roosevelt-lake-bridge-and.html

SSR_317

Interesting, thanks! I've driven the Old Apache Trail (SR 88) up to Roosevelt Dam and it's quite a spectacular trip, especially at Fish Creek canyon where the dirt road just hangs on the side of a near vertical wall of rock. The SR 188 bridge in indeed one of the most scenic in the state, and I recognize it now on many television commercials for automobile companies.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: SSR_317 on November 29, 2018, 05:10:45 PM
Interesting, thanks! I've driven the Old Apache Trail (SR 88) up to Roosevelt Dam and it's quite a spectacular trip, especially at Fish Creek canyon where the dirt road just hangs on the side of a near vertical wall of rock. The SR 188 bridge in indeed one of the most scenic in the state, and I recognize it now on many television commercials for automobile companies.

I'd probably say its my favorite in the state behind the Gillespie Dam Bridge.  For a modern design the Roosevelt Lake Bridge really nailed a classic look instead of going for some bland cookie cutter design.  I still think its kind of interesting that you can see the original brick top of Roosevelt Dam when the water is low like in one of the photos I used.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.