News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Counties with only one state-maintained route

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, October 23, 2018, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEG24601

Technically, San Juan County in Washington.  It is only served by SR 20 Spur... and that is only if you count the ferry landings as part of the route, even though it never actually travels onto any of the Islands, but the ferry route is part of the State Route.
They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

SSOWorld

WI: Door County has only 2 state maintained routes (42 and 57).  Every other county has a much higher count (5+) even in the great white north.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jakeroot

Quote from: TEG24601 on October 28, 2018, 02:47:44 PM
Technically, San Juan County in Washington.  It is only served by SR 20 Spur... and that is only if you count the ferry landings as part of the route, even though it never actually travels onto any of the Islands, but the ferry route is part of the State Route.

Totally forgot about San Juan County. May very qualify as a county without any state highways, at least in the traditional sense.

Bruce

Quote from: jakeroot on October 24, 2018, 01:37:11 AM
Skamania County, WA has only one year-round state-maintained route: WA-4. During the non-winter season, WA-504 (Spirit Lake Highway, serving Mt St Helens) sticks it nose in up in the northwest corner.

Skamania's county line is also the terminus of Highway 503 Spur and Highway 141. It once had Highway 140, which was decommissioned in 1991.

bing101

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 24, 2018, 01:08:33 AM
The fewest in any California County I believe is three.  Arizona doesn't have any single route counties either.  Off the top of my head I can't fathom New Mexico has any single state route counties due to the sheer glut of them.  Monroe County in Florida has US 1, if I remember my geography right the county line barely missed US 41 in the Everglades.

San Francisco county? Like CA-1, CA-82 and CA-35?

bzakharin

None in NJ. Most of the more rural areas in NJ are in large counties that also contain larger population centers, or else major US or Interstate corridors.

TheCatalyst31

Quote from: SSOWorld on October 28, 2018, 05:28:16 PM
WI: Door County has only 2 state maintained routes (42 and 57).  Every other county has a much higher count (5+) even in the great white north.

Menominee County also has only two, 47 and 55.

US 89

Quote from: bing101 on October 28, 2018, 10:02:38 PM
The fewest in any California County I believe is three.  Arizona doesn't have any single route counties either.  Off the top of my head I can't fathom New Mexico has any single state route counties due to the sheer glut of them.  Monroe County in Florida has US 1, if I remember my geography right the county line barely missed US 41 in the Everglades.

Um, San Francisco County also has I-80, I-280, and US 101.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 89 on November 09, 2018, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: bing101 on October 28, 2018, 10:02:38 PM

Um, San Francisco County also has I-80, I-280, and US 101.

Completely forgot to respond to that post.  Yuba and Modoc have the least State Maintained Routes at 3 each. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.