News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Places to stop on my trip

Started by TravelingBethelite, October 06, 2015, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

I will be passing through a variety of towns and cities on my next road trip, departing this Friday morning!  :)
Where are some quick places I can stop and things to do or see? Approximate route:I leave 11 am on a Friday. I-84 west out of Danbury, through Newburgh, to Scranton. Then, I-81 south to approximately Harrisburg, following this, onto I-83 south to Baltimore. Through Baltimore, via Fayette Street to MD 2 to US 40 to Cooks Lane. Park-and-Ride to I-70 next, passing Hagerstown and Frederick along the way. I-68 west to I-79 south to I-77 west to Charleston, W. Va. Then west on I-64, to Louisville, then south to Nashville on I-65. Then I-40 west, to I-240, to I-55/69 south, to US 61 south to US 82 west, thus returning to I-55 north to Sikeston. And the last step is US 60 west to Seymour. Whew! Any ideas?  :bigass:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

hbelkins

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on October 06, 2015, 07:41:55 PM
I will be passing through a variety of towns and cities on my next road trip, departing this Friday morning!  :)
Where are some quick places I can stop and things to do or see? Approximate route:I leave 11 am on a Friday. I-84 west out of Danbury, through Newburgh, to Scranton. Then, I-81 south to approximately Harrisburg, following this, onto I-83 south to Baltimore. Through Baltimore, via Fayette Street to MD 2 to US 40 to Cooks Lane. Park-and-Ride to I-70 next, passing Hagerstown and Frederick along the way. I-68 west to I-79 south to I-77 west to Charleston, W. Va. Then west on I-64, to Louisville, then south to Nashville on I-65. Then I-40 west, to I-240, to I-55/69 south, to US 61 south to US 82 west, thus returning to I-55 north to Sikeston. And the last step is US 60 west to Seymour. Whew! Any ideas?  :bigass:

Unless you just want to drive I-64 west of Lexington, the shortest route from Lexington to Nashville is to use the Bluegrass Parkway.

You might want to stop at the Sideling Hill Overlook on I-68 to stretch your legs and snap a few photos. There used to be some sort of exhibit there, but it's now closed and the place just functions as a rest area with bathrooms and vending machines.

Major construction on I-65 between Elizabethtown and the Mammoth Cave area. Beware.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TravelingBethelite

Au revoir, mes amis! We are about to depart for our mega-roadtrip. Thanks for all the advice and whatnot. But, I don't have time for talking! Goodbye!  :)
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.