News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Travel Advice for Union, WA, Trip -- May 2018

Started by akotchi, September 27, 2017, 12:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akotchi

I am traveling to a resort in Union, WA, in May 2018 for a four-day musical retreat.  My wife and I are avid followers of the Irish signing group Celtic Thunder, and two of their principal singers (who also do very well on their own) are doing this event as a way to interact more with their fans.  Second annual event -- this year's inaugural event was in Lake Placid, NY.  I liken it to a theme cruise without the large cruise ship.

Never been to this area of the country, but from all the pictures and accounts I have seen it seems very beautiful.  Looking very much forward to it.

Flying cross-country from Philadelphia the day before, then taking a rental car the next morning to the resort.  Reverse would occur on the way out.  Would it be better to fly into Portland, OR, or to Seattle?  Looking at it from two perspectives:  ease of travel and sites of interest between the airport and the resort.  Also thinking of whether to fly into one airport and out of the other.  Not a lot of time on either side of the event to linger, so spending an extra day or two in Seattle is not that viable a choice.

Google can give me all of this information, but it leaves the human element out (such as airport services and the like).  Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice you can offer.

P.S.  Go to byrneandkelly.com or celticthunder.com if interested in learning about these talented singers.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

rschen7754

With no traffic the airports are probably about the same travel time. I-5 south from Seattle can get bad in the afternoons but I can't comment on the equivalent for Portland.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.