AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Tappahannock 'a mess' after tornado strike; two injured critically  (Read 3500 times)

cpzilliacus

• Last Login: December 31, 2023, 03:00:12 PM

Richmond.com: Tappahannock 'a mess' after tornado strike; two injured critically

TAPPAHANNOCK – Insulation hung from the trees. Cinder-block foundations were jumbled like Lego bricks. A suitcase, a broken chair, a ladder, a stove burner and a bottle of Rit dye were thrown about with boards from disintegrated walls. A car was flipped on its side.

A tornado had carved a 28-mile-long path of destruction from the Middle Peninsula to the Northern Neck late Wednesday, and the damage was almost unbelievable along Kino Road west of Tappahannock on Thursday.

“If you see some of these structures and know that people were in them, there’s no reason that they should be alive,”  said Joey Reinhardt, president of the Tappahannock-Essex Volunteer Fire Department and one of the first responders on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:33:07 PM by cpzilliacus »
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

74/171FAN

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:01:22 PM
Re: Tappahannock 'a mess' after tornado strike; two injured critically
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »

It was a scary day all over the east coast.  Fortunately no one died there unlike in Waverly (about 20 miles from my parents' house)  and Appomattox.  Keeping track of the radar around the entire eastern part of VA truly had me worried for the area..

There were 7 in VA overall according to the NWS

I will also add the confirmation to the tornado east of Lancaster, PA.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:56:46 PM by 74/171FAN »
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

cpzilliacus

• Last Login: December 31, 2023, 03:00:12 PM
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:34:28 PM »

It was a scary day all over the east coast.  Fortunately no one died there unlike in Waverly (about 20 miles from my parents' house)  and Appomattox.  Keeping track of the radar around the entire eastern part of VA truly had me worried for the area..

There were 7 in VA overall according to the NWS

I will also add the confirmation to the tornado east of Lancaster, PA.

We did not get any twisters close to the D.C. area, though we get violent storms anyway (especially by February standards).

Md. 295 (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) was flooded near its north end.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

ET21

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:11:16 PM
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »

This was a classic late winter storm. Severe weather in the warm sector and a blizzard in the cold sector
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.