News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Fukuoka Japan sinkhole

Started by GenExpwy, November 15, 2016, 04:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenExpwy

kkt

Wow.  Here it takes a week just to find the person who tells you it'll take a year.

vdeane

I notice that they didn't replace the sidewalk with the original tile - they just used asphalt instead.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kurumi

That's impressive! さすが日本 :-)

Despite stereotypes, critical fixes can get done quickly in the US as well:
* 1994: C. C. Myers replaces earthquake-damaged structures (including collapsed bridges) on I-10 in Santa Monica, CA in 3 months (article) -- "In Sacramento, Caltrans Director James van Loben Sels estimated that without the accelerated effort the project would probably have taken two years to complete."
* 2004: Acrow Corp. replaces fire-damaged I-95 overpass in Bridgeport, CT, in 6 days (article) (temporary bridge)
* 2007: C. C. Myers replaces fire-damaged I-580 overpass in MacArthur Maze, Oakland, CA, in 26 days (article) (permanent)

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.