Study with maps for unbuilt Toledo Downtown Distributor Expressway

Started by Revive 755, August 07, 2013, 09:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countysigns

^^ Nice find!  Interesting to see how the Distributor would have functioned if it was built.  I drive by the stubs on I-75 nearly every week...very interesting to see how they would have functioned.

tvketchum

All  those years that I drove past the stubs on I-75, wondering what they were intended for.

JREwing78

Except for the section through the downtown area, the Greenbelt Pkwy largely duplicates this Distributor's function. I used to travel frequently between Lansing, MI and Cleveland, and I would generally follow I-475 E -> I-75 N -> I-280 S to the Turnpike.

I can't say I would've missed having the Distributor as an option. Oddly enough, it's about the same distance to use I-475 E -> I-75 S to the Turnpike, but I much preferred the lighter traffic on I-280 and driving the Veterans' Glass City Skyway (despite occasional falling ice).

thenetwork

It would've been nice if they at least built at least a direct expressway connector from I-75 to the Anthony Wayne Bridge over the Maumee River.

Henry

Quote from: tvketchum on August 22, 2013, 07:54:22 PM
All  those years that I drove past the stubs on I-75, wondering what they were intended for.

Guess that mystery has been solved!

Quote from: thenetwork on August 23, 2013, 09:16:04 AM
It would've been nice if they at least built at least a direct expressway connector from I-75 to the Anthony Wayne Bridge over the Maumee River.

Seconded!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.