News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lake County, FL fractional county route shields

Started by florida, November 25, 2009, 02:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida

Years ago, when Lake County CRs 561 and 561A were separate entities, they duplexed a couple of blocks north of SR 50 in Clermont. (Now, CR 561 has been stripped out of Clermont and Minneola and routed onto what was CR 561A). SPUI stated on a site he used to maintain that the two routes were shielded as a fraction, and I was wondering does anyone have photos of the sign?
So many roads...so little time.

Alps

florida

Alps

florida

Sadly, no. Even this place in Mascotte, which has old advertisement signs and an old signal outside of it, doesn't even have one hanging on the outside walls.

I will go pout, now.

leifvanderwall

I'm not trying to be smart, but I think they should have eliminated CR 561 A just call it 561.  I know this is not a fictional highways topic, but wouldn't it be cool to put 561 with SR 50 and then multiplex it with US 27 to bypass Minneola. I lived in Groveland for 4 years- I know the route. By the way, the photo of the fractional sign was cool-that sign is only one of its kind. Hey, does anyone have the ambition to take a photo of US 27 and CR 561 signed together? There are not many places where this phenomenon occurs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.