News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Should Tijuana be a Control City on I-5 signs in San Diego?

Started by Lytton, March 20, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Sub-Urbanite on October 03, 2022, 05:51:25 PM

Quote from: Flint1979 on October 02, 2022, 06:33:58 PM
I would just use Mexico but that's up to Caltrans. I don't mind how MDOT uses Canada in Detroit.

I just don't get that. After all, I-8 would also get you to places in Mexico

Then only use it south of I-8, so there's no confusion.  Oh, wait...

If two highways can have the same control city (but not at the same decision point), then why can't two highways likewise have the same control nation?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Flint1979

I would just use Mexico but that's up to Caltrans. I don't mind how MDOT uses Canada in Detroit.

I just don't get that. After all, I-8 would also get you to places in Mexico (as will I-94 in Detroit get you to Canada) - why not be more specific? It's not like Tijuana or Windsor are obscure.
If you are on I-5 south and you see Mexico you wouldn't assume that you would be heading toward where I-5 enters Mexico? You can get to the bridge and tunnel via exits from I-94 but I-94 itself isn't going to get you to the border until you get to Port Huron.

Sub-Urbanite

Quote from: Flint1979 on October 03, 2022, 09:02:44 PM

I just don't get that. After all, I-8 would also get you to places in Mexico (as will I-94 in Detroit get you to Canada) - why not be more specific? It's not like Tijuana or Windsor are obscure.
If you are on I-5 south and you see Mexico you wouldn't assume that you would be heading toward where I-5 enters Mexico? You can get to the bridge and tunnel via exits from I-94 but I-94 itself isn't going to get you to the border until you get to Port Huron.

But then I guess this gets into the broader "What's the point of control cities" discussion. If you're going to Tijuana, you should be on I-5 south. And for just about the rest of Mexico, 905 is probably a better route.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.