News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

How to make this forum more phone friendly

Started by bugo, September 22, 2013, 11:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: KEK Inc. on October 29, 2013, 09:54:14 PM
Seems to work well.  Remember to disable the signature that just plugs this app.

I tried it this weekend. Not bad. Web based is better, though ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

signalman

I finally got the tapatalk app to work on my phone after several attempts.  I appreciate the administration setting this forum up with tapatalk.  Now that I got the app to work, it is readable on my phone.  Trying to read the forum from the web browser on my phone was nearly impossible, and frustrating at best.

It was nice to be able to read the forum while I had some down time waiting for a train.  It will work for when I'm traveling too, since I don't have a laptop or tablet.  I agree with US71 though; web based on my own computer is better.

Pete from Boston

Lately I've been having a tapatalk (iphone) glitch.  If anyone has figured it out, great, if not then it's not a big enough deal for me right now to pursue in a tapatalk forum or something.

If I go back to edit a post in tapatalk, it sometimes goes and creates a second, edited post instead, leaving the first one there.  Stranger still, when this last happened and I deleted to original post, tapatalk instead showed only the newer, edited one as being deleted.  However, on the web version everything shows as it should.

Killing and restarting tapatalk has no impact on this.

Not a big deal, just making me periodically post sloppily.  If anyone has figured out this issue it'd be nice to know how to prevent it. 

Zeffy

Am I the only one who uses Safari on my iPhone for browsing / posting on the forum and has virtually no issues with it?
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sammi

Quote from: Zeffy on March 15, 2014, 12:01:53 PM
Am I the only one who uses Safari on my iPhone for browsing / posting on the forum and has virtually no issues with it?
Same. Except I have a Windows Phone. :P I was the one who recommended Tapatalk, but I still use the browser most of the time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.