News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Posting glitch

Started by Duke87, October 21, 2012, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke87

So, I've got something odd going on. Whenever I attempt to post a reply in this thread, or edit my existing post there, I get a blank white page after I hit submit. If I go back to the thread and refresh the page, my post/edit does not show up. And if I refresh the blank white page, I get an error saying "you've already submitted this post". After which, it still doesn't show up.

This started happening right after I made my existing post there and attempted to edit it.

And it hasn't been happening anywhere else. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it? Closing my browser and clearing my cache does not help. Nor does attempting it from Opera instead of Firefox.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

Duke87

New development: seems I only encounter the problem if I attempt to post an image.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Duke87 on October 22, 2012, 09:10:29 PM
New development: seems I only encounter the problem if I attempt to post an image.

Sorry I missed this.

No idea why this is happening.  What version of FF are you using?  Still, I think it just might be a weird "glitch" that might just disappear on it's own.

Duke87

Firefox 16.0.2. But it happens in multiple browsers.

And it only affects that one thread. And only if I attempt to post an image. And yes, the problem is still there (just checked).

Might the fact that I already posted a large image (3500x3200) have triggered something?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Duke87 on November 04, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
Might the fact that I already posted a large image (3500x3200) have triggered something?

That's the best guess I can make myself to be honest.  Do you want me to try to delete the image (or better yet, turn it into a URL for now) in the first post of that thread to see if it can be fixed on your end and allow you to post/edit stuff in that thread again?  Or even better yet, you can try to switch to the default SMF theme and see if you're still having problems there.  It could then tell me if there is a bug in the BC theme, unlikely since it was built on-top of the default SMF theme, but you never know.

If you don't know how to change your theme here in the forums, here are the steps to do it:
Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout
Look for " Current Theme:" and then hit the word "change" after the Button Copy name.  Then select "Use this theme" under the "SMF Default Theme - Curve" section.

If the problem is still happening in it or the "Core theme", then there might be a bug here that I need to report to SMF to help figure it out as to why it's happening.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.