News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Baton Rouge

Started by PenguinXL2, July 24, 2014, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 21, 2023, 06:15:12 PM
There really should not be an issue as long as you are adding noteworthy information in regard to said topic.

I have no idea why this thread was not being posted in for three years; however, any general newsworthy Baton Rogue information should be added here just the same as the Philly thread in the Northeast Board.

You want us to post Baton Rouge info in the Philly thread, in the NE Board?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

74/171FAN

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 22, 2023, 06:56:54 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 21, 2023, 06:15:12 PM
There really should not be an issue as long as you are adding noteworthy information in regard to said topic.

I have no idea why this thread was not being posted in for three years; however, any general newsworthy Baton Rogue information should be added here just the same as the Philly thread in the Northeast Board.

You want us to post Baton Rouge info in the Philly thread, in the NE Board?

I was just trying to compare regional threads in separate boards to one another.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

roadwaywiz95

Our next installment in the "Virtual Tour" series is scheduled to take place on Saturday (11/4) at 8 PM ET. Come join me and members of the AARoads community as we profile Interstate 10 across southern Louisiana and discuss the history and features of this highway all while enjoying a real-time video trip along the length of the interstate connecting the cities of Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans with the rest of the central Gulf Coast.

This event will be hosted on location in the New Orleans metro area and the topic of the National Road Meet to be held there in February 2024 will certainly come up in conversation during the program. A link to the event location can be found below and we look forward to seeing you there!

Clinched Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/roadwaywiz.gif
Clinched Interstates & Other Highways: https://travelmapping.net/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=roadwaywiz

@roadwaywiz on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Spreadshirt, and Discord

Also at http://www.gribblenation.org/

rte66man

I-10 expansion starts:
https://www.enr.com/articles/57900-kiewit-boh-jv-starts-work-on-195m-i-10-upgrade-in-baton-rouge?utm_medium=emailsend&utm_source=NL-ENR-ENR+News+Alert&utm_content=BNPCD231221017_01&oly_enc_id=8218A8423578E8C

The ongoing expansion and upgrading of Interstate 10 through Baton Rouge, La., is continuing, with a joint venture of Kiewit Infrastructure South Co. and Boh Bros. Construction Co. having just started work on a $195.1-million, six-mile-long project.

Marking the second phase of the overall I-10 expansion through Baton Rouge, the project will widen the westbound side of the interstate from four lanes to six.

Brandi Bordelon, public information manager for the Kiewit-Boh joint venture, said the current work includes widening the westbound interstate and the construction and installation of sound reduction walls that are expected to shield a combination of residential and commercial assets from vehicular noise.

The sound walls will be constructed along the corridor of the project, from the I-10/I-110 split to east of Acadian Thruway, both eastbound and westbound, said Bordelon.

Motorists traveling this section of interstate can expect a traffic shift to the inside barrier. Its regular width of 12 ft has been reduced to 11 ft and re-striped to guide motorists. Additionally, the shoulder of the right lane has been temporarily eliminated with the placement of concrete barriers.

This past spring, the state legislators approved $180 million in additional bonds for the Interstate-10 widening project as inflation impacts have increased the estimated cost by more than $200 million to $925 million overall.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.