Gauging interest in an AARoads Forum bracket challenge

Started by OCGuy81, March 03, 2021, 08:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: tolbs17 on March 05, 2021, 10:41:20 PM
And me?
You're with me, AA Roads co-founder Andy 3175, all the members of Gribblenation, and a couple of thousand other posters who were forgotten.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

thspfc

Quote from: 1 on March 05, 2021, 08:49:26 AM
(Please don't actually vote on these. It's going to make people upset.)

Round 1:

EAST
cl94 vs. webny99
Pete from Boston vs. PHLBOS
Beltway vs. sprjus4
jeffandnicole vs. tradephoric
Jim vs. Mapmikey
Chris vs. CNGL-Leudimin
Alps vs. SteveG1988
cpzilliacus vs. mrsman

NORTH
froggie vs. vdeane
Brandon vs. ET21
Henry vs. paulthemapguy
dzlsabe vs. Marf
MNHighwayMan vs. TheHighwayMan394
1 vs. SectorZ
kernals12 vs. Roadgeekteen
AsphaltPlanet vs. Stephane Dumas

SOUTH
hbelkins vs. SP Cook
bandit957 vs. NE2
Alex vs. Scott5114
1995hoo vs. formulanone
Brian556 vs. CoreySamson
roadman vs. roadman65
Eth vs. Grzrd
Bobby5280 vs. bugo

WEST
kphoger vs. J N Winkler
Bruce vs. jakeroot
Ken Jennings vs. TheAlan360
myosh_tino vs. sparker
SEWIGuy vs. The Ghostbuster
agentsteel53 vs. TheStranger
Flint1979 vs. FritzOwl
SSOWorld vs. US71
Kernals12 vs Roadgeekteen would be a classic. And unlike the rest of you, I respect that fact that I haven't been on the forum long enough to be in this tournament  :-D

Scott5114

I just want to know what I did wrong with my life where I get seeded against Alex of all people...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

CoreySamson

I don't think I deserve to be in there. My knowledge of roads and other roadgeekdom compared to the others on the forum would probably only take me to the NIT at most.  :-D
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: CoreySamson on March 06, 2021, 11:24:27 PM
I don't think I deserve to be in there. My knowledge of roads and other roadgeekdom compared to the others on the forum would probably only take me to the NIT at most.  :-D

I'd probably be in the CBI or CIT  :banghead:
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

CNGL-Leudimin

I like my matchup against Chris, keeping things close at least in the first round :sombrero:. I wonder how the pairings for the Final Four would be.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hbelkins

Quote from: 1 on March 05, 2021, 08:49:26 AM
(Please don't actually vote on these. It's going to make people upset.)

Round 1:

EAST
cl94 vs. webny99
Pete from Boston vs. PHLBOS
Beltway vs. sprjus4
jeffandnicole vs. tradephoric
Jim vs. Mapmikey
Chris vs. CNGL-Leudimin
Alps vs. SteveG1988
cpzilliacus vs. mrsman

NORTH
froggie vs. vdeane
Brandon vs. ET21
Henry vs. paulthemapguy
dzlsabe vs. Marf
MNHighwayMan vs. TheHighwayMan394
1 vs. SectorZ
kernals12 vs. Roadgeekteen
AsphaltPlanet vs. Stephane Dumas

SOUTH
hbelkins vs. SP Cook
bandit957 vs. NE2
Alex vs. Scott5114
1995hoo vs. formulanone
Brian556 vs. CoreySamson
roadman vs. roadman65
Eth vs. Grzrd
Bobby5280 vs. bugo

WEST
kphoger vs. J N Winkler
Bruce vs. jakeroot
Ken Jennings vs. TheAlan360
myosh_tino vs. sparker
SEWIGuy vs. The Ghostbuster
agentsteel53 vs. TheStranger
Flint1979 vs. FritzOwl
SSOWorld vs. US71

This is fake news. You grouped posters in some semblance of geographical order. If this was a real bracket, posters would be scattered all over the place. And I would have been put in the West because the NCAA hates Calipari.

My alma mater will be playing this year. Morehead State beat Belmont in the OVC Tournament finals. While this is great for my school, it's not so great for the OVC's chances at an upset. Belmont was a legit Top 25 team this year and was unbeaten in the league until the last two games of the regular season (losses on the "Death Valley" road trip to Eastern Kentucky and Morehead). MSU had a good year, but they'll get a 15 seed in the tournament unless several conference tournaments get won by teams with losing records. The OVC probably would have been better served by sending their regular season champion to the NCAA. They had that option this year. Belmont may end up getting an at-large bid, though.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheHighwayMan3561

I, uh...don't even know what a tasteful comment would be on my matchup.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

wanderer2575

Somehow I feel honored that I didn't make the cut.

All the other West games will be forfeited because everyone will be watching Flint1979 vs. FritzOwl.

Alps

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 08, 2021, 03:39:33 PM
I feel like we should probably get back to the NCAA brackets now.

thspfc

Quote from: Alps on March 08, 2021, 07:07:02 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 08, 2021, 03:39:33 PM
I feel like we should probably get back to the NCAA brackets now.
I'm going with a different strategy in a much different tournament compared to past editions. I'm picking heavily against less strong conferences (i.e. 1-3 tournament bids) because the decreased number of OOC games means that those teams might not be ready to play other quality teams. I expect the Big Ten and Big 12 in particular to roll because teams in those conferences have been playing a gauntlet schedule all year, and might be pleasantly surprised by the lowered level of their competition through the first couple rounds. The reason why I'm sharing my strategy is because it sounds good on paper but I am not confident that it will actually work.

NWI_Irish96

I haven't watched a single game all year but I'll play.

As for 1's brackets, how can you have a tournament without any entries from Indiana?
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

hbelkins

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 09, 2021, 11:40:40 AM

As for 1's brackets, how can you have a tournament without any entries from Indiana?

There was legitimate fear this year that the state of Kentucky might not be represented in the tournament but my Morehead State Eagles put an end to that fear.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: hbelkins on March 09, 2021, 02:09:08 PM

There was legitimate fear this year that the state of Kentucky might not be represented in the tournament but my Morehead State Eagles put an end to that fear.

I'm pretty sure Kentucky's best public university will join Morehead State, even if they lose in the first round of the ACC tournament.

thspfc

I named my bracket "Mm"  because I didn't think that would matter, but if you just click on it, you will see that it's mine.

OCGuy81

Brackets are out and ready to be filled out. You'll need to have them completed by Thursday, as the First Four play-in on that day.

Good luck, everyone!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 09, 2021, 02:30:55 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 09, 2021, 02:09:08 PM

I'm pretty sure Kentucky's best public university will join Morehead State, even if they lose in the first round of the ACC tournament.

:no:

Chris

OCGuy81

Hey everyone.

Just a friendly reminder to have your picks in this morning. The first four games are being held today, and I believe the brackets lock after that.

Good luck and have fun!

gr8daynegb

Hopefully I made like the CBI or one of these 3rd/4th tier postseason tourneys..........get on the chase NIT radar for this fall
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

thspfc

Things are already not looking so hot for my entry. Arkansas is down by 8 to Colgate . . . I have the Hogs in the final 4. Yikes, I hope they figure it out.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: thspfc on March 19, 2021, 01:17:13 PM
Things are already not looking so hot for my entry. Arkansas is down by 8 to Colgate . . . I have the Hogs in the final 4. Yikes, I hope they figure it out.

Luckily for you, they did. Colgate ran out of gas and got pasted.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

I-55

Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

I-55

Quote from: I-55 on March 19, 2021, 06:04:06 PM
Ohio State can't win at Mackey Arena confirmed.
And Purdue can't win at Lucas Oil confirmed
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: I-55 on March 19, 2021, 09:54:46 PM
Quote from: I-55 on March 19, 2021, 06:04:06 PM
Ohio State can't win at Mackey Arena confirmed.
And Purdue can't win at Lucas Oil confirmed

Should have had Big Ten teams play in Bloomington. They're all used to winning there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.