News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

DEFINITE Natchez, MS meet March 19, 2022!!

Started by cjk374, March 03, 2021, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpi

So far so good for me, I don't have any toy shows planned that weekend but there is a convention planned in Charlotte, NC the next weekend that flew past my radar, I submitted my form and payment but I have a feeling it is going to fall through, if it does then I am 100% go and probably do some county clinching too with this.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 05, 2021, 08:39:17 AM
I previously was really hoping to attend this, but at this point, it comes down to how long the baseball lockout continues.  My parents really want me to visit Truist Park with them in May.

Actually I am now hoping to attend this again.  I have a week from work that I need to take off in March.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Brandon

Quote from: Brandon on December 05, 2021, 02:55:33 PM
I foresee no reason I shouldn't be there.

Speaking of which, my time off is done, and I will be there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

jpi

Quote from: Brandon on January 19, 2022, 07:35:23 PM
Quote from: Brandon on December 05, 2021, 02:55:33 PM
I foresee no reason I shouldn't be there.

Speaking of which, my time off is done, and I will be there.
Speaking of I put my time off request in too for the Friday and Monday, should be good, just me going Steph has to work
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

SSOWorld

Being too close to when I will be going to Hawaii (two weeks later), I will have to see myself out.

Have fun.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

TheHighwayMan3561

I didn't realize a co-worker had already taken that week off, and I'm the only other one who can do it. Unfortunately I'm out.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

signalman

Add me to the list of people who have their time off request approved. The first and biggest hurdle is straddled. The remaining logistics should fall into place nicely.

cl94

I am unfortunately out. Way too much going on around that time with grad school. I hope to get down there to catch up with everyone soon, though.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

cjk374

Good morning y'all! It has been pointed out to me that I have failed to post the start times for the meet. The BYOL lunch will be at the Vidalia Riverfront park at 11 a.m., and we will depart from there at noon. I drove the route I have planned, and it seems that the tour could last about 3 hours. But I found out I omitted something I shouldn't have and will readjust the route soon. The tour itinerary will be handed out at lunch.

I apologize for the inconvenience this lack of info may have caused. Life has been super busy here.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

codyg1985

Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

A.J. Bertin

Jess - do you have any recommendations of good places in Natchez for takeout (besides the usual fast-food chains) that are open for lunch before 11?  If we should plan on gathering at the park at 11, everyone will need to have picked up their lunches prior to 11.  Are there are any good local/regional fast-food chains that would be good for this, for instance?
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I am 85% sure my request off is good for this , I plan to stay in McComb, MS the whole weekend and plan to clinch the last of the Mississippi counties I need to finish the state and grab some Louisiana parishes on Sunday then drive back to middle TN on Monday, just me unfortunetly Steph will not be along since she has to work.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

cjk374

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 20, 2022, 05:09:04 PM
Jess - do you have any recommendations of good places in Natchez for takeout (besides the usual fast-food chains) that are open for lunch before 11?  If we should plan on gathering at the park at 11, everyone will need to have picked up their lunches prior to 11.  Are there are any good local/regional fast-food chains that would be good for this, for instance?

Sadly I don't know much about the local eateries in the area. I wish I could be more useful there.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: cjk374 on February 23, 2022, 08:03:35 PM

Sadly I don't know much about the local eateries in the area. I wish I could be more useful there.

No problem.  I don't know how many places offer takeout lunches before 11, but would you consider pushing back the start time to 11:30 to give folks time to get lunches and bring them to the park if those places don't start serving lunch until 11?  Just a suggestion.
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Driving through Natchez last week, I did see a restaurant called Roux 61. Located on US 61, about 5 miles south of the US 61/84/425 junction
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 23, 2022, 08:39:38 PM

No problem.  I don't know how many places offer takeout lunches before 11, but would you consider pushing back the start time to 11:30 to give folks time to get lunches and bring them to the park if those places don't start serving lunch until 11?  Just a suggestion.
Seconded. A meet tour less than 4 hours can easily start at 1 PM and you're fine, so no need to rush the start. We used to always meet at 12!

oscar

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on February 23, 2022, 08:51:08 PM
Driving through Natchez last week, I did see a restaurant called Roux 61. Located on US 61, about 5 miles south of the US 61/84/425 junction

That's the place Jess selected for the post-meet supper/dinner. Looks like a good place for that, though I hope we can avoid loud music and dim lighting (I like to hear what others are saying, and see what I'm eating).

I'm still a "likely" at this point, though there's still some potential hang-ups (a summons for jury duty early that week, and I might need to help my sister move if the builder is done with her new home).
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

cjk374

This is the location of post meet supper. It was delicious when I ate there.

Quote from: Alps on February 23, 2022, 10:56:39 PM

Seconded. A meet tour less than 4 hours can easily start at 1 PM and you're fine, so no need to rush the start. We used to always meet at 12!

I forgot I had stated 11 as the start time. No one will think it's rude if I change it to noon?

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: cjk374 on February 25, 2022, 07:17:24 AM
I forgot I had stated 11 as the start time. No one will think it's rude if I change it to noon?

I can't imagine that anyone would find that to be rude.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

Quote from: cjk374 on February 25, 2022, 07:17:24 AM

This is the location of post meet supper. It was delicious when I ate there.

Quote from: Alps on February 23, 2022, 10:56:39 PM

I would love that because I have a long drive that morning.

codyg1985

It would certainly help me since I'll be driving from the Jackson, MS area that morning.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

cjk374

**********    O F F I C I A L   N O T I C E    **********

The time of the meet up for lunch at the park will be 12 noon instead of 11 a.m.

Alps

Quote from: cjk374 on February 26, 2022, 07:59:30 AM

The time of the meet up for lunch at the park will be 12 noon instead of 11 a.m.

Jess is awesome

jpi

Cool works out, and now it's a done deal I will be there, probably the only meet I am going to get to this year. Staying in McComb for the whole weekend andplan to finish up the last of the MS counties I need and get some LA Parishes. Looking forward to it and seeing everyone!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Quote from: jpi on March 03, 2022, 02:47:12 PM
Cool works out, and now it's a done deal I will be there, probably the only meet I am going to get to this year. Staying in McComb for the whole weekend andplan to finish up the last of the MS counties I need and get some LA Parishes. Looking forward to it and seeing everyone!
Not even Cumberland MD? :(

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.