News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RDU Meet-July 30, 2022

Started by 74/171FAN, March 04, 2021, 04:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When should the rescheduled RDU Meet be?

July 9, 2022
0 (0%)
July 16, 2022
0 (0%)
July 30, 2022
3 (30%)
September 10, 2022
3 (30%)
November 12, 2022
2 (20%)
Other
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 03, 2022, 09:06:15 PM

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Brandon

Quote from: NJRoadfan on June 22, 2022, 08:18:10 PM
Has this meet been locked in for July 30th? I might just take an extra day off.

I'd like to know as well.  Some of us from farther out will need to make plans/reserve hotel rooms.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

74/171FAN

Quote from: Brandon on June 22, 2022, 08:19:44 PM

I'd like to know as well.  Some of us from farther out will need to make plans/reserve hotel rooms.

As of the Twitter post above yes.  I was just waiting on an announcement of the opening.

I will do the Facebook event and all that stuff next week most likely once I return from Brandon's meet this weekend.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

NJRoadfan

Please post the details here as well. Some of us aren't on Facebook.

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 22, 2022, 08:30:26 PM
Quote from: Brandon on June 22, 2022, 08:19:44 PM

As of the Twitter post above yes.  I was just waiting on an announcement of the opening.

I will do the Facebook event and all that stuff next week most likely once I return from Brandon's meet this weekend.

My goal is to have everything posted this weekend. I have edited the original post to reflect the official date of July 30th.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

LM117

LM117

74/171FAN

The planned itinerary can be found here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gopoJayA6JlUlBjhgbKhy5HLaDYKjSaY8-UaF72Zmnk/edit?usp=sharing

Pre-Meet:  Meet Time: 9 AM ET (leave time around 9:30 AM ET)
Starting Location: Sheetz on NC 42 at Cornwallis Rd (5502 Cornwallis Rd, Garner NC, 27529)  (This is between I-40 (Exit 312) and US 70 (I-42) (Exit 320).)

Tentative Lunch Location:  Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken  (8211 Brier Creek Pkwy #107, Raleigh, NC 27617) 
Meeting Time: 11:30 AM ET

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/699788244443352/?active_tab=discussion

SSOWorld

I appreciate the invite. Alas, because of financial obligations, I must see myself out.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

1995hoo

I had previously expressed interest in this, but I have to go to San Francisco for work that week and it would just plain be impractical to get to North Carolina afterwards–plus my wife and I have our anniversary on the 28th and we have to defer that to the weekend due to my travel. Oh well. I'll have to check out the new road next February when we visit the area for the NHL Stadium Series.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

74/171FAN

Looking forward to this meet about a week and a half out.  Please make sure to RSVP here or on the Facebook page ASAP.

I hope to do a second dry run the day before especially to help take care of some concerns I have with a couple stops.

NJRoadfan

Pencil me in for two spots at lunch. Don't know if I'm going to be able to do the whole day, but will at least be there for the pre-meet and lunch.

kevinb1994

I'll be there starting for lunch, then for the actual meet itself.

CanesFan27

For those of us that will not be going to the Sheetz and tour before lunch, are/will there be reservations? Or is it just seat yourself as it appears this is more of a quick-serve restaurant?

74/171FAN

Quote from: CanesFan27 on July 26, 2022, 08:27:10 PM
For those of us that will not be going to the Sheetz and tour before lunch, are/will there be reservations? Or is it just seat yourself as it appears this is more of a quick-serve restaurant?

I am planning to call the restaurant tomorrow to check, but I am thinking more of the latter.

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 26, 2022, 09:32:57 PM
Quote from: CanesFan27 on July 26, 2022, 08:27:10 PM

I am planning to call the restaurant tomorrow to check, but I am thinking more of the latter.

The restaurant does not take reservations, but the person I talked to told me that they are not super busy at 11:30 so I think it will be a nonissue.  I checked the Google Reviews, and it does look like we just order at the counter like a Smithfield's Chicken-N-BBQ.

NJRoadfan

Confirmed, you order at the counter and then sit down.

CanesFan27

Though my time at the meet was abbreviated, I enjoyed my first meet in nearly 11 years*.  Thank you Mark for hosting!  Flickr album with some photos from the meet (I-885 and the stop at the can opener bridge) can be found at the link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamontheroad/albums/72177720301012136

I did luck out and get an NC Amtrak crossing over the bridge.

*11 years does not count local meetups, weddings, friends stopping by, or Knightdale kickball games played among other things.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.