News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

(Incidentally, I once had a roommate who compared adopting a child to buying a pet.  You know, I'm kind of lonely, so I think I'd like to buy a child.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kenarmy

Yeah, and horses can earn you way more money than a child can :biggrin:. Well, Usually.
Bullying is so dumb. How you gone hate me because im ugly??
What if Fritzowl is Flint on an alt account..
What happens to the skin when you fall and start bleeding?
All of your problems are directly related to Great Britain.
3 by Britney Spears is 3:33, her 3rd number one, the first number one debut in 3 years, peaked at number 3 on the euro digital sales chart, and was her 3rd song on the "piece of me" setlist.
If you play "Don't Stop The Music" backwards, you will hear "prepare to die".
Forget a search history.. my mirror history would be terrifying.
I'm just now finding out it says "potato crisps" on the pringles can and not potato chips.
Wait the division symbol is just a blank fraction with the dots replacing the numbers ...
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

webny99

Quote from: kenarmy on April 29, 2021, 12:41:48 AM
Wait the division symbol is just a blank fraction with the dots replacing the numbers ...

Huh, I never thought about it like that before.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 08:03:41 AM

I don't use the division sign much.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

I-55

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 29, 2021, 09:48:40 AM
Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 08:03:41 AM

I don't use the division sign much.

But kind of to the point I just use fractions when I'm dividing. So am I using the division symbol or not?  :hmmm:
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

kphoger

All of your problems are directly related to Great Britain.

Warts?  Dry skin in the winter?  Hyperopia?  Nighttime tachycardia (undiagnosed)?  Missing filling?  Oil leak in my car's A/C compressor?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

I'm just now finding out it says "potato crisps" on the pringles can and not potato chips.

Procter & Gamble got sued for using "potato chips"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jmacswimmer

Just when I thought HighwayStar was a polarizing new presence on the forum with unique opinions, Angelo71 went and blew him out of the water in one afternoon.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 29, 2021, 05:38:59 PM
Just when I thought HighwayStar was a polarizing new presence on the forum with unique opinions, Angelo71 went and blew him out of the water in one afternoon.
HighwayStar is just stubborn. Angelo71 is actually insane.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jmacswimmer

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 29, 2021, 05:39:28 PM
Is dzlsabe a good comparison? I read one of his hypotenuse threads you linked somewhere, and that was...er...entertaining...
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 29, 2021, 05:40:52 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 29, 2021, 05:39:28 PM
Is dzlsabe a good comparison? I read one of his hypotenuse threads you linked somewhere, and that was...er...entertaining...
Dzlsabe was a more intelligent troll, Angelo sounds like an 8 year old.

SkyPesos

I was still trying to get used to reading Kernals12's unique opinions before HighwayStar came in.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 29, 2021, 05:59:53 PM
I was still trying to get used to reading Kernals12's unique opinions before HighwayStar came in.
Kernals12 has been quiet lately.

kkt

Quote from: kphoger on April 08, 2021, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: GaryV on April 08, 2021, 01:02:22 PM
And for that matter, why don't we have a cent sign on a computer keyboard?

Really.  How often do you use curly brackets or a pipe symbol?  Replace one of them, already!

Computers back when ASCII was being formed used money a lot, but always represented it with dollars and a decimal.  They didn't have loads of space in the code chart so they didn't include characters that weren't used much. 

Curly brackets were used in several programming languages.  The pipe symbol was used to make crude tables or other graphics.

Oh, and if you need more symbols, figure out how to type unicode characters on your computer.  Pretty much all support it now.  The last thing we need is Yet Another Variant of ASCII.

kphoger

I use alt codes for symbols.  Except that, on this forum, a lot of them don't work right (leaves the page), so I have to type them in Notepad, then copy and paste.
Male pronouns, please.

hotdogPi

Quote from: kphoger on May 01, 2021, 05:17:30 PM
I use alt codes for symbols.  Except that, on this forum, a lot of them don't work right (leaves the page), so I have to type them in Notepad, then copy and paste.

I didn't think this forum had any website-specific keyboard shortcuts.
Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

kphoger

No, I mean I use the standard alt codes.  For example, I get – by typing alt+0131.  That works in Excel, Word, Notepad, etc, etc.

However, when I type some of those alt codes on this forum (possibly only in Chrome, I'm not sure), something else happens and the browser navigates away from the page.  I think it goes "back" or something.  Irritating.
Male pronouns, please.

hotdogPi

Does it happen on every Chrome page or just this forum?
Clinched

New:
I-189 clinched

kphoger

Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever had a need to use them on any other page.
Male pronouns, please.

kenarmy

- Somebody PLS tell me what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "Mississippi"?
- What would happen to a dead body inside of a hearse if it got towed?
- Can people actually tell the difference between an Australian and British accent?
- Speaking of, I wish it was aeroplane instead of airplane here.
- ALSO, I never really thought about it that people either learn British or American English..
- You don't read out loud 90% of the words you see in a lifetime.
- I made that up, but who knows? ^
- Walking to the mailbox is intimidating. Like what am I supposed to look at, and what do I do with my arms??
- I wish backwards running was a school sport.
- JG Wentworth has been real quiet lately ..
- The goal of every relationship is for your partner to become your ex. Even if y'all get married. Think about it.
- If you don't like Bootylicious, clean your ears out and relisten!
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

SkyPesos

Quote from: kenarmy on May 02, 2021, 10:14:33 AM
- Somebody PLS tell me what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "Mississippi"?
the river

hotdogPi

35% black, 65% racist.
Clinched

New:
I-189 clinched

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SkyPesos on May 02, 2021, 10:44:38 AM
the river
Poverty

I-55

I did a double take when I saw his post count fly over 200. He had to have posted at least 70 69 posts that day.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

US71

Quote from: 1 on May 02, 2021, 10:49:26 AM

35% black, 65% racist.

35 percent Black, 65 percent Racist....are you suggesting  non-Blacks are racist? I strongly disagree. 
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.