News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenarmy

Quote from: kphoger on May 04, 2021, 11:13:59 AM
Quote from: kenarmy on May 03, 2021, 10:38:07 PM
- The chances of you existing are so slim.

The chances of me existing are 100%.

- Someone is praying to be in your position.

What, at work?  I highly doubt that.

Quote from: kenarmy on May 02, 2021, 10:14:33 AM
Walking to the mailbox is intimidating. Like what am I supposed to look at, and what do I do with my arms??

Quote from: kenarmy on May 03, 2021, 10:13:28 PM
I'm just walking in the open with nobody else around, and everybody could just be watching me from their windows.

I signed up to play an instrument, not to move my hips in front of all these people  :rolleyes:..

Self-conscious much?

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 04, 2021, 10:51:41 AM
I find it awkward to call your wife your "girlfriend". Just sounds bizarre.

Well, you don't have to call my wife my "girlfriend", then.
- I meant coming to existence. If only that semen didn't survive the battle  X-(.

- I was talking about living in general, but well..

- Correct. And idk what to do about it  :meh:.

- Ok but your wife is still your ex- something. Right? 

- Most black people say they can't be racist because *oomf* people don't get offended when you call them *crunch*. And if I said *crunch* or *honk* out loud, I'm sure I would get laughed at. And it sucks when you get into a cyber argument, because when you get called *snicker* you can't even say anything back.
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

kenarmy

- So does the radio stop playing when you get in a wreck?
- There could be intense ant wars going on in the backyard..
- Avocados used to be called Alligator Pears.
- The Octothorpe will always adapt and be relevant.
- Whenever I'm feeling down, I just remember I fit into multiple p*rn categories.
- I knew something was off when I started laughing in the mirror because I couldn't make myself cry.
- Wtf is "irl"? What isn't??
- Body Shaming is so dumb. How you gone get mad that someone has a bigger belly than you??
- Bye I'm single because I'm too hot for everyone. I'd stay away too.

kphoger

Quote from: Angelo71 on May 04, 2021, 08:43:39 PM
How does a 67 year old date a 20 year old? (Old and a young person dating)

The numbers aren't the same, but my sister's husband is older than our father.  And they're perfect for each other.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kenarmy on May 05, 2021, 01:12:48 AM
- So does the radio stop playing when you get in a wreck?
Probably depends on how severe the crash is and if the electrical components that power the radio broke or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2erf2kbJYc
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: kenarmy on May 05, 2021, 01:12:48 AM
- Wtf is "irl"? What isn't??

1.  IRL is 'in real life'.

2.  FritzOwl's plans.

Quote from: kenarmy on May 05, 2021, 12:42:08 AM
- Ok but your wife is still your ex- something. Right? 

My ex-something?  Yes.  But that isn't the same thing as being my ex.  One's ex is usually defined as being someone he or she is no longer with.

From Merriam-Webster:

one that formerly held a specified position or place
especially : a former spouse or former partner in an intimate relationship

My wife is not my ex, because she is not my former spouse or partner.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: kphoger on May 04, 2021, 11:13:59 AM

- Someone is praying to be in your position.

What, at work?  I highly doubt that.

i'm a 51 year old dancing sign spinner who lives in a cabin the size of your bathroom behind his mother's house. someone is praying some weird prayers.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

webny99

We should probably get clarification here, because there are several interpretations of "position".  :-P

CoreySamson

Why is the most common way to write the country Ivory Coast's name Cote d'Ivoire? With every other country, we write their names in English, not in a foreign language (after all, we don't call Spain España or the Dominican Republic República Dominicana).
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

kenarmy

- Why do clowns wear afros and have big noses... seems fishy..
- Gorillas can catch human colds..
- Tea is disgusting. No way you just enjoy water, sugar, and leaves mixed together  :-|.
- I wonder are kids in the future going to be taught that America didn't lose the Afghanistan war. It'll probably just be forgotten.
- Speaking of, the US has never been war-free since I've been alive.
- You'll never see me.
- The Wright Brothers only flew together once.
- There's a city named Rome on every continent. Except Antarctica.
- Most department stores tend to play slower music, in order to slow down customers and keep them shopping longer. The opposite is true for restaurants.
- Both volleyball and basketball were invented in Massachusetts. Ig they're good for something.

Angelo71

Why do people like Pittsburgh?
How do people live in big cities?
Why do people like the desert?
Why does alanland exist?
Whoever thought that school was a good idea? Was their kid too bad and they wanted to torture them for 13 years?
Why do old people say I wish I was a kid again? I just don't understand.
Why do people like tik tok or whaterer it is going to be the end of humanity. If tic tok continues we're all going to be dancing on graves!

webny99

Quote from: kenarmy on May 07, 2021, 12:24:32 PM
- Hot Tea is disgusting. No way you just enjoy water, sugar, and leaves mixed together  :-|.

FTFY. Iced tea is great.  :biggrin:

Angelo71

All tea is good but iced tea is the best!!!

kphoger

Quote from: kenarmy on May 07, 2021, 12:24:32 PM
- Tea is disgusting. No way you just enjoy water, sugar, and leaves mixed together  :-|.

Is coffee (bean water) any better?  Explain that one to me, if so.

Quote from: Angelo71 on May 07, 2021, 12:34:07 PM
How do people live in big cities?

Because, if nobody lived in them, they wouldn't be big cities.

Why do people like the desert?

Because it has low humidity, few rainy days, clear skies, striking landscapes, few allergens...  Basically because it's nothing like Virginia.

Whoever thought that school was a good idea? Was their kid too bad and they wanted to torture them for 13 years?

Parents who were busy enough to not teach their own children, I suppose.  Can't just have a bunch of ignorant people running around, so someone had to take up the mantle.

Because (1) they wish they had less responsibility than they do now and (2) their childhood didn't suck.  If either of those two conditions isn't true, then chances are that person never says they wish they were a kid again.
Male pronouns, please.

renegade

-  One of our members is possibly a stalker.
-  Another of our members is likely to be getting a visit from the Secret Service.  Soon.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: renegade on May 07, 2021, 02:04:34 PM
-  Another of our members is likely to be getting a visit from the Secret Service.  Soon.
Who?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Yeah, I guess I'm kind of wondering who attempted an assassination, committed wire fraud, counterfeited money, or committed identity theft.
Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

Ooh!  No!  It's for all the intellectual property crime committed here whenever we post photos without crediting the owner...
Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on May 07, 2021, 02:27:33 PM
Ooh!  No!  It's for all the intellectual property crime committed here whenever we post photos without crediting the owner...
I always credit the owner when I post a picture.

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 07, 2021, 02:29:18 PM

I always credit the owner when I post a picture.

*whew*    looks like you're off the hook, at least...
Male pronouns, please.

JoePCool14

Ah, no. It's because of all the times I've used assets that others have made or ripped in the signs I made like gantries and arrows. Definitely their biggest priority.

Why do people like tik tok or whaterer it is going to be the end of humanity. If tic tok continues we're all going to be dancing on graves!
Never thought I'd say this, but I actually... agree with Angelo here! TikTok is honestly the worst social media platform thus far.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Flint1979

I had never been to Frankfort, KY until yesterday (I've been close to it but not actually in it). So I'm riding around town trying to find the state capital building which was easy to find but I felt pretty good while I was riding on KY-420. What was funny about this is that KY-420 which is basically a spur of US-127 part of the street is called High Street. So your riding on KY-420 along High Street. Pretty fabulous.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 07, 2021, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: renegade on May 07, 2021, 02:04:34 PM
Who?
Quote from: kphoger on May 07, 2021, 02:26:17 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm kind of wondering who attempted an assassination, committed wire fraud, counterfeited money, or committed identity theft.

I had a different interpretation. Based upon some of the previous "random thoughts", I figured it was probably math related, as in:

The Secret Service investigates XX cases and there are XX forum members, therefore...

TheHighwayMan3561

You probably realize your spouse is a complete idiot, but react angrily when your kids discover that fact for themselves.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

kkt

Answers to both these questions may become apparent once you've had to search for a job and then hold one for a few years.  Although it might take until you have kids too.

Angelo71

Quote from: kkt on May 07, 2021, 06:05:03 PM

Answers to both these questions may become apparent once you've had to search for a job and then hold one for a few years.  Although it might take until you have kids too.
What if you like your job? I'm sure Wendy Williams isn't crying and wishing she was a kid right now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.