News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: kenarmy on May 17, 2021, 12:52:24 AM
- How can you prove 1 billion people don't live on Greenland?

Ask the Danish government?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kenarmy on May 17, 2021, 12:52:24 AM
- How can you prove 1 billion people don't live on Greenland?
Satellites.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JoePCool14

Why do so many of the random thoughts revolve around sex?

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 17, 2021, 11:26:10 AM
People think about sex a lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Why do you seem to think that, if we don't like a song, we'll suddenly start liking it if we listen to it again?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kenarmy

Quote from: kphoger on May 18, 2021, 04:10:49 PM
Why do you seem to think that, if we don't like a song, we'll suddenly start liking it if we listen to it again?
- Because you heard it wrong or something-
                     -
- People say life is short, but it's the longest thing you experience.
- You learn to read and then you read to learn.
- The alarm goes "on", and not off when you hear it.
- Why are left and right confused more than up and down?
- Look at how I bodied that, ate it up and gave it back.
- Remember when teachers said you won't walk around with calculators in your pocket all day? Yeah right liar.
- You can't make the back of your elbow hurt by pinching it. Don't use your fingernails dummy.
- Do flat earthers also believe the sun and moon are flat?
- You read taht wrong.
- I remember asking my teacher why do women cross their legs in kindergarten, and I still haven't received an answer  :confused:
- You don't know what underwater smells like.
- Knowing you have the next day off is better than the actual day off.
- I can't believe I have to work and live, just to die that quick. I deserve to see a slideshow or something?!
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 17, 2021, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 17, 2021, 11:26:10 AM
Americans think about sex a lot.
FTFY  :bigass:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

kurumi

A little fake Deep Thought from not Jack Handey:

Sometimes you get stuck in traffic, and certainly you're annoyed, but sometimes you can learn a little bit about yourself, and everyone's place in the world.

I remember I-295 at a near dead stop one morning, nowhere to go, took about 45 minutes to go maybe one mile. Like everyone else, I was fuming. Tempers were short. We crawled over the crest of a hill, and finally saw the reason for the backup: one dude had spun out and flipped his car. The paramedics were talking to the driver, and it seemed like he was OK, just a little shaken up.

And it occurred to me, as we slowly drove past, that this wasn't just a traffic jam, or an accident, but this was a real person. A human being. And I felt a connection that, locked up in our cars, looking at the world through the windshield, we usually don't feel. We were going slow enough that I was going to go close by this person, and I decided to roll down my window, and maybe say something, instead of just driving on by. For a moment, I couldn't think of what to say, but then the right thing came to mind. So I leaned out the window, and I said to him: "You... asshole!"
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kurumi on May 19, 2021, 01:33:03 AM
A little fake Deep Thought from not Jack Handey:

Sometimes you get stuck in traffic, and certainly you're annoyed, but sometimes you can learn a little bit about yourself, and everyone's place in the world.

I remember I-295 at a near dead stop one morning, nowhere to go, took about 45 minutes to go maybe one mile. Like everyone else, I was fuming. Tempers were short. We crawled over the crest of a hill, and finally saw the reason for the backup: one dude had spun out and flipped his car. The paramedics were talking to the driver, and it seemed like he was OK, just a little shaken up.

And it occurred to me, as we slowly drove past, that this wasn't just a traffic jam, or an accident, but this was a real person. A human being. And I felt a connection that, locked up in our cars, looking at the world through the windshield, we usually don't feel. We were going slow enough that I was going to go close by this person, and I decided to roll down my window, and maybe say something, instead of just driving on by. For a moment, I couldn't think of what to say, but then the right thing came to mind. So I leaned out the window, and I said to him: "You... asshole!"
Deep.

GaryV

Pythagoras was not a robin. 

Robins don't know that if they hop away at a right angle they will get away from you faster than if they continue to hop ahead of you as you walk.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kenarmy on May 18, 2021, 10:04:59 PM
- You read taht wrong.
Nah I red taht right.

kphoger

- People say life is short, but it's the longest thing you experience.

- People say life is hard.  I ask them, Compared to what?  And they never have a good answer.

- The alarm goes "on", and not off when you hear it.

When a fire starts in your house, the alarm goes on by going off, then your house burns down by burning up, at which point there are a lot of forms to fill in by filling them out.

- Do flat earthers also believe the sun and moon are flat?

Historical cosmology is fascinating.  For example, Genesis 1:6-8 speaks of a "firmament", but few people understand what that means.  In those days, people not only believed the earth was flat, but also that the sky was made of a hard dome made of metal, called the firmament, and that the sun and moon and stars were in that firmament.  The movements of the stars in the night sky was believed to be due to multiple layers of the firmament moving in different ways.

They also believed that rain came in by the opening of windows in the firmament.  Thus, toward the beginning of the story of Noah's ark, Genesis 7:11-12 tells how "the windows of the heavens were opened [and] rain fell upon the earth".

- I remember asking my teacher why do women cross their legs in kindergarten, and I still haven't received an answer

If it were a logical world, it would be the men who rode side-saddle.

- You don't know what underwater smells like.

I thought that said underwear at first...

- Knowing you have the next day off is better than the actual day off.

Not if you're rushing to get everything caught up before your day off.  In that case, knowing you have the next day off just adds to the stress.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Because you heard it wrong or something

Ha.  Nope.  At least my ears work the same every time.

We've just heard it and think it's crap.
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

None of the thoughts in this thread have been truly random...until now.

OO`zi▒ 1D_"Fa.c؟[3sShO_\gP\}`Ƒb:Y@)URA֥.FZaF3䄍9MRyal^mkUL+u-=7 847'
J2aԳ'̩v{'}KT%/{`uF0~5ZCE6l7H|fSqdln! \ezPePf?/ágZD                                        +zH?1l▒猶IV9D%(Y,`K*▒F>▒(؊`1  u(0k7'p7d(oIA\d#kLA

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 19, 2021, 04:04:20 PM
1D_"Fa.c؟[3sShO_\gP\}`Ƒb:

I think that's something about a fascist showgirl's ID on facebook...
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on May 19, 2021, 04:16:40 PM
1D_"Fa.c؟[3sShO_\gP\}`Ƒb:

I think that's something about a fascist showgirl's ID on facebook...

I always hate it whenever I'm watching a good show and out of the blue she starts advocating for forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy...

SSOWorld

OO`\ezPePf?/ágZD                                        +zH?1l▒猶IV9D%(Y,`K*▒F>▒(؊`1  u(0k7'p7d(oIA\d#kLA
LANGUAGE!!!!
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Flint1979

It's been interesting listening to the police scanner in Saginaw County tonight. Four shootings in the city of Saginaw, the other day Saginaw Township had a homicide and the suspect jumped off the Zilwaukee Bridge. What a crazy community this is.

kurumi

You could make parts of Texas and Arkansas more peaceful by redesignating I-30 as this:

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

US71

Quote from: kurumi on May 21, 2021, 12:24:47 PM
You could make parts of Texas and Arkansas more peaceful by redesignating I-30 as this:

Never been to Arkansas, have you?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kurumi

Quote from: US71 on May 22, 2021, 12:36:22 PM
Quote from: kurumi on May 21, 2021, 12:24:47 PM

Never been to Arkansas, have you?

Long time ago; from New Orleans to Little Rock via Pine Bluff to Fort Smith. The freeway that would later become I-530 was still under construction. I'm sure it's changed a lot now, but no, probably "Om" would not get the best reception. Alabama just legalized yoga in school, but you can't say "Namaste".

Flint1979

The mean Great Lakes always win. Lake Huron is pretty mad today.

Big John

Flint1979

Quote from: Big John on May 23, 2021, 02:06:45 PM
^^ Don't forget Lake Superior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
Haha nope. I haven't heard that song in awhile. The Edmund Fitzgerald sank in 530 feet of Lake Superior water on November 10, 1975, never forget the 29 men that lost their lives that day.

Roadgeekteen

What is Lake Inferior like compared to Lake Superior?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.