News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: renegade on August 06, 2021, 06:06:00 PM
kenarmy posts lots of "(x artist) is better than your favorite singer" and "if you would just listen to (y artist)'s (z song), it would become your favorite."  That's not how musical taste works for me.

That's not how musical taste works, period.  It's not like, if we don't like Britney Spears, then it's because–oops! we made a mistake–last time we listened.  No, it's because we listened and think it's crap.  It's condescending whenever he says that, if we don't share his taste in music, then we're uncultured swine who need to clean the crap out of our ears.  Or whatever words he chooses to convey the same message.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

allniter89

Quote from: kphoger on August 06, 2021, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on August 05, 2021, 09:42:08 PM
You should actually freeze bread it becomes stall in the fridge if you leave in there too long.

I've had bread get freezer burn, of sorts.  It gets hard on one side sometimes.  That doesn't tend to happen in the fridge.

Quote from: kurumi on August 06, 2021, 02:26:10 AM
If a tomato is a fruit, then ketchup (which has sugar) is a smoothie

The tomato is only a fruit botanically speaking.  So is zucchini, so are chickpeas, so are jalapeños, so are pea pods, so is okra, so are string beans, so are cucumbers–basically everything that's not a root or a stem or a leaf.  The distinction that makes tomatoes 'fruit' is meaningless in culinary usage.

Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2021, 02:51:28 PM
If you put your sandwich ingredients in a flatbread, or a pita, is it still a sandwich?  If the answer is yes, then how is a taco different?

Quote from: kkt on August 06, 2021, 08:28:43 AM
Taco shell isn't bread.  It's crisp, more like a large tortilla chip.

Hard-shell tacos are an American invention.  I'm talking about the kind of taco you might actually encounter in Mexico.  Tortillas are a form of unleavened bread.

In a similar vein, gorditas are slightly leavened and commonly stuffed with a filling.  As such, they're basically pita pockets–which are listed on Wikipedia under pocket sandwiches (as are hot dogs):  "Pocket sandwich is a sandwich which is made using a single piece of folded or hollowed bread, such as a pita, which is made from dough cooked with fillings inside."
Sometimes if you put the stale bread in the toaster for a light brown toasting its good 2eat.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on August 06, 2021, 06:17:46 PM
kenarmy posts lots of "(x artist) is better than your favorite singer" and "if you would just listen to (y artist)'s (z song), it would become your favorite."  That's not how musical taste works for me.

That's not how musical taste works, period.  It's not like, if we don't like Britney Spears, then it's because–oops! we made a mistake–

I'm a bit annoyed you included the word "oops!" in the same sentence as Britney Spears without following it with some variant of "I did it again".

In any event, I don't think Britney is the best musical act of all time, but I can think of a lot of stuff I'd choose Britney over. But then again, I tend to think of truly great artists as being the ones that change the norms of the art and set a new standard for other acts to follow in the future. While she might be enjoyable to listen to, it's hard to see what Britney did that was transformative.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: allniter89 on August 06, 2021, 07:40:16 PM
Sometimes if you put the stale bread in the toaster for a light brown toasting its good 2eat.

Which only helps if, say, you're not making a PBJ and putting it in your lunchbox to eat at work.  And that's precisely what I was using sandwich bread for, over the course of several years, until just recently.

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 06, 2021, 07:41:21 PM
I'm a bit annoyed you included the word "oops!" in the same sentence as Britney Spears without following it with some variant of "I did it again".

Well, now I'm actually quite proud that the thought didn't even cross my mind.  Especially since I was working at Target right after that song came out, and I about went insane having to see the music video on the TVs every time I walked through that part of the store day after day.

I can think of a lot of stuff I'd choose Britney over.

Yoko Ono?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

renegade

Quote from: kphoger on August 06, 2021, 09:42:26 PM

Which only helps if, say, you're not making a PBJ and putting it in your lunchbox to eat at work.  And that's precisely what I was using sandwich bread for, over the course of several years, until just recently.

Well, now I'm actually quite proud that the thought didn't even cross my mind.  Especially since I was working at Target right after that song came out, and I about went insane having to see the music video on the TVs every time I walked through that part of the store day after day.

Yoko Ono?
That might be kind of a stretch, but also a possibility.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

kphoger

Quote from: renegade on August 06, 2021, 10:15:33 PM

Yoko Ono?

I just replied to three different statements, by two people, and none of them was yours.

What is a possibility?
Male pronouns, please.

kenarmy

Umm what did I start. But anyway, I can confirm I'm not a sockpuppet for Marf or Tolbs17. How dare you  :-|.

Quote from: kphoger on August 06, 2021, 06:17:46 PM

That's not how musical taste works, period.  It's not like, if we don't like Britney Spears, then it's because–oops! we made a mistake–last time we listened.  No, it's because we listened and think it's crap.  It's condescending whenever he says that, if we don't share his taste in music, then we're uncultured swine who need to clean the crap out of our ears.  Or whatever words he chooses to convey the same message.
r u shore?
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

renegade

Quote from: kphoger on August 06, 2021, 10:27:31 PM

Yoko Ono?

I just replied to three different statements, by two people, and none of them was yours.

What is a possibility?
That Yoko Ono would be a choice over Britney.

Anyone else as sick of hearing about her as I am?
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Flint1979

Quote from: renegade on August 07, 2021, 12:14:23 AM

Yoko Ono?

What is a possibility?

If you're talking about Britney then the answer is yes I am sick of hearing about her. If you're talking about Yoko the answer is also yes as she isn't good looking at all.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Flint1979 on August 07, 2021, 09:36:44 AM

Yoko Ono?

What is a possibility?

If you're talking about Britney then the answer is yes I am sick of hearing about her. If you're talking about Yoko the answer is also yes as she isn't good looking at all.

I find it hard to disassociate Britney Spears and the "mute"  message that is displayed on the corner of a TV.

Flint1979

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 07, 2021, 09:39:11 AM

Yoko Ono?

What is a possibility?

I find it hard to disassociate Britney Spears and the "mute"  message that is displayed on the corner of a TV.
I was muting her 20 years ago lol.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Flint1979 on August 07, 2021, 09:55:21 AM

Yoko Ono?

What is a possibility?

Yeah me too in high school. 

Flint1979

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 07, 2021, 10:55:12 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on August 07, 2021, 09:55:21 AM

Yoko Ono?

What is a possibility?

Yeah me too in high school.
Best thing to do to her

Flint1979

Gitchie Gumee on the way to Grand Island

TheHighwayMan3561

Have you ever thought about how little of the world we actually see without a pane of glass in front of us?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Mike2357

Why do we park on driveways yet drive on parkway?
Why is cargo sent in ships, but shipment sent in trucks and cars?
Why do we cook bacon but bake cookies?
Why is VIRGINia the state of lovers?
Is that stuff on the beach called "sand" because it is between sea and land?
I
Interstate Highways are what define the United States of America

kphoger

Quote from: texaskdog on March 30, 2021, 08:54:04 AM
We drive on a parkway and park in a driveway

Quote from: Mike2357 on August 13, 2021, 04:28:05 PM
Why do we park on driveways yet drive on parkway?

echo
Male pronouns, please.

GaryV

Why is Mackinaw City a village and Lathrup Village a city?

zachary_amaryllis

why does holyoke, colorado have a street called 'interocean blvd' ? big aspirations? it's a wide spot in us 6 for chrissakes.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

CNGL-Leudimin

Why there aren't any states named Azerbaijan and Armenia to go alongside Georgia? :bigass:
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Mike2357

I wonder if humans will ever walk on the sun? I know it's extremely hot but if we sent a ship in the winter when the sun is like 30 degrees I bet we could land on it.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Mike2357 on August 14, 2021, 07:35:49 PM
I wonder if humans will ever walk on the sun? I know it's extremely hot but if we sent a ship in the winter when the sun is like 30 degrees I bet we could land on it.

This sun might be walkable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun,_West_Virginia
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Scott5114

...You don't think the sun gets colder in the winter, do you?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Mike2357

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 14, 2021, 08:18:43 PM

Well since the sun is a paid actor, it's temperature should hover around 98.6 F regardless of the season.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Mike2357 on August 14, 2021, 08:27:06 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on August 14, 2021, 08:18:43 PM

Well since the sun is a paid actor, it's temperature should hover around 98.6 F regardless of the season.

This directly contradicts your previous post.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.