Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

__________ is/are properly rated

<< < (4/13) > >>

TheHighwayMan394:

--- Quote from: kurumi on May 10, 2022, 10:31:33 PM ---Early Beatles was really poppy, though you could still see the songwriting talent there. And later Beatles... hard to believe "I am the Walrus", "Happiness is a Warm Gun", and "I Want You (She's so Heavy)" is from the same band as "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". They really bucked the trend as artists who got more interesting as time went on.

--- End quote ---

They're one of the rare bands that whether intended or not didn't outlive its original shelf life. Sure, Let It Be wasn't *quite* as good as some of their other later material, but it was still better than most artists' best albums. There wasn't some clunker 70s-80s-90s period after the band ran out of magic that people look back on and go "what the hell was that crap they put out?" It was pretty clear by 1968 that the three main songwriters all had such irreconcilable differences in their music and personalities that they needed to go their own ways.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: kurumi on May 10, 2022, 10:31:33 PM ---Early Beatles was really poppy, though you could still see the songwriting talent there. And later Beatles... hard to believe "I am the Walrus", "Happiness is a Warm Gun", and "I Want You (She's so Heavy)" is from the same band as "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". They really bucked the trend as artists who got more interesting as time went on.

--- End quote ---

I mentioned it before, in some other thread, but most people are either an early-Beatles fan or a later-Beatles fan.  It's more rare (but not exceedingly so) to find someone who loves both.

ethanhopkin14:

--- Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2022, 09:21:00 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I mentioned it before, in some other thread, but most people are either an early-Beatles fan or a later-Beatles fan.  It's more rare (but not exceedingly so) to find someone who loves both.

--- End quote ---

Put me on the both list.

dlsterner:

--- Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2022, 09:21:00 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Personally, I enjoy both.  Along with both early Rolling Stones and later Rolling Stones.  Early vs later, nor Beatles vs Rolling Stones, need to be mutually exclusive, at least as far as my musical tastes go.

JoePCool14:
I knew it was only a matter of time before this thread cropped up.

My first pick for now: Illinois (most people seem to hate it, which I think is appropriate)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version