Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

__________ is/are properly rated

<< < (12/13) > >>

kphoger:

--- Quote from: vdeane on May 27, 2022, 08:11:34 PM ---Food tastes are much more complicated than "this is better" and "this is worse".  Sometimes one craves a specific food, even if there is something considered better.  I like diner hamburgers, but I also like McDonald's.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.  They each offer a different experience.  Similarly, one can enjoy authentic Italian American food and still like Olive Garden.  They're two different experiences which aren't directly comparable, not merely a spectrum of "better" to "worse".

--- End quote ---

This.

Olive Garden is a reliably good place to get Italian-American food.  Is its food authentically Italian?  No, most of it isn't, but that isn't what I like Olive Garden for.  Are there local places that serve better Italian-American food?  Certainly, but nobody here is claiming Olive Garden is the bestójust that it's reliably good.  The atmosphere is comfortable without being super-fancy, and atmosphere is part of the restaurant experience.  Their salad and breadsticks are good, which also contributes to people's opinion.

There are a couple of local Italian restaurants that my wife and I think are better than Olive Garden, but that doesn't keep us from appreciating Olive Garden for what it is.

--- Quote from: Rothman on May 28, 2022, 04:33:44 AM ---

--- Quote from: skluth on May 28, 2022, 12:19:53 AM ---St Louis has a number of excellent Italian restaurants, including Tony's which back in the day was the only Michelin 3-star Italian restaurant in the US.

--- End quote ---

Michelin currently shows no starred restaurants in Saint Louis.  Tony's is just overpriced now?

--- End quote ---

As far as I know, it is impossible for Tony's to have received a Michelin 3-star rating.  This is because Michelin does not review restaurants in Saint Louis.  Furthermore, the restaurant's website mentions two specific awards, and Michelin is not one of them.  If |skluth| is claiming that Michelin ever reviewed Tony's at allólet alone giving them a 3-star ratingóthen let the burden of proof be on him.

For what it's worth, Tony's currently has a 4-diamond designation from AAA, along with three other Saint Louis restaurants.  (There are no AAA 5-diamond restaurants in Saint Louis.)

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on May 28, 2022, 10:31:34 PM ---Homestyle country cooking is overrated.
--- End quote ---
Disagree, but it's not like I live anywhere near a restaurant that serves it.

Rothman:
Olive Garden is not reliably good.

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: Rothman on May 31, 2022, 10:37:10 PM ---Olive Garden is not reliably good.
--- End quote ---
It tastes about the same to me every time I eat there.  The only variable is whether the breadsticks are overcooked.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: abefroman329 on June 03, 2022, 01:35:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on May 31, 2022, 10:37:10 PM ---Olive Garden is not reliably good.
--- End quote ---
It tastes about the same to me every time I eat there.  The only variable is whether the breadsticks are overcooked.

--- End quote ---
That would be reliably ungood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version