News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Florida

Started by jonathanz, January 08, 2011, 01:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathanz

Always been a fan of AAroads.com but for whatever reason never joined the forum. I am a huge fan of roads, signs and infrastructure in general. One of my favorite topics is concurrent roads that are "going" in the opposite cardinal direction. I am originally from Kentucky and in Kenton County State Route 16 and State Route 2043 run concurrent for about 1 mile and KY16 is signed as going South and KY2043 is signed as going North. It makes sense when you look on a map but it is always funny to see something signed that way, I just wish I had taken a picture before I moved to Florida!
Build the roads and the jobs will follow.

NE2

In Newport News US 60 eastbound and US 60 westbound go the same direction on the same road (there are a couple other cases like this but this one is the best-signed). Different route opposite-direction overlaps have nothing on it.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

BigMattFromTexas

Welcome to the forum, hope you find it as helpful as the main AARoads page.
BigMatt

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.