News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

hello from Southern Illinois

Started by kharvey10, January 28, 2011, 02:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharvey10

I been around for years but in the last 5 years I have not done much due to job-related reasons.  from 1998 to early 2005 I did the St. Louis Highways Page, I did not renew the contract with the provider when it came up in February of that year cause I had a lot of issues with getting emails and I had just lost my prior job because of the downturn in that industry I was in.  I started to fall in love with wiki type pages as I started searching with a new job but it will not be until the following year before I got hired.  I got an account with WikiLou.com and started to put parts of the site back on there in wiki format but then the computer I had from 1999-2006 suddenly died.  I had to wait several weeks before I had the money for a new computer because I had to get another vehicle during that time and just started my current job.  My current job does have its infamous drawbacks because I work rotating shifts, and part of the year I'm on 8 hour shifts (loathe) and the other part on 12 hour shifts (love it).  Work-related reasons made me miss the last few roadgeek meets in the area.

I still have that infamous MoDOT CD Rom of all the sign photos in St. Louis County before the 2000 sign replacement project on me along with the photos of some of the road signs I took. 

now I mostly post on bridgehunter.com and most of my recent road-related pics involve bridges.  I sometimes use blogspot to speak out what I really think.  I think the Great Lemon Bridge project is a big mistake, and now that my older brother moved to Kentucky I seriously hope that Louisville doesn't go down that same path with their project.

Henry

Welcome, from a native Chicagoan and fellow newbie!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

mightyace

Welcome!

Good to have more around and spread the geographical representation.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.