News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Greetings from Caltrans

Started by jrouse, July 08, 2011, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrouse

Hello everyone,

A few of you may remember me from the misc.transport.road newsgroup, and I've given a few of you assistance in developing your websites related to California highways.

It has been a number of years since I last participated in any sort of discussion on highways.  I discovered this forum the other day and thought it would be fun to join.

For those of you who remember me, yes, I am still with Caltrans.  (Moderator:  please note this, and add me to the DOT employee group).  After working for several years in District 3, in roadway design, signing and striping, the traffic management center, and construction, I promoted to senior engineer in November 2007 and moved to headquarters where I am now overseeing the HOV and Express Lane (HOT lane) systems for the entire state.  We have HOV and Express Lanes in 6 of the 12 districts, and I work with the HOV program engineers in those districts as well as other headquarters staff in developing policy and procedure related to facility design and operation.  Right now, we are ready to kick off a major overhaul of our HOV Guidelines.   I am also responsible for the development of Chapter 2G in the upcoming 2011 California MUTCD.  If you go look at the draft version that is on our website, that's my work. 

I look forward to talking with everyone again.

Scott5114

Welcome to the forum! Always great to have more DOT employees here answering our questions :)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.