News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Only in Arkansas

Started by US71, March 31, 2009, 11:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

http://nwanews.com/adg/News/256192/

SPRINGDALE - A truck driver said faulty brakes and fear contributed to 12 tons of chicken fat coating Interstate 540 and U.S. 412 on Monday, overpowering the aroma of breakfast outside Denny's restaurant.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Terry Shea

Quote from: US71 on March 31, 2009, 11:13:55 AM
http://nwanews.com/adg/News/256192/

SPRINGDALE - A truck driver said faulty brakes and fear contributed to 12 tons of chicken fat coating Interstate 540 and U.S. 412 on Monday, overpowering the aroma of breakfast outside Denny's restaurant.
12 tons of chicken fat sounds like a Denny's meal!  How could the customers tell any difference?

ComputerGuy

Ahh...that is kinda creepy! :wow:

yanksfan6129

Former governor Huckabee must have had a field day going out to eat . . .

hm insulators

Spills like that are quite commonplace on the Los Angeles freeway system.  Spend any time listening to the traffic reports on your car radio and pretty soon you'll hear about something dropped or spilled on the freeway, in large part because drivers over there can't seem to get the concept of using ropes or bungee cords. Ladders and mattresses are the two most commonly dropped items, but a list of all the things dropped or spilled onto L.A. freeways down through the years would include a kitchen sink, just to make things complete. Wheelbarrows, lettuce, oranges, shoes, garbage, toilets, enough furniture to decorate an entire subdivision, and my personal favorite, a spilled load of Dodger hats, have all tied up the freeways there at one time or another. And when I lived there, I used to joke that the Christmas season doesn't officially begin there until somebody drops the first Christmas tree onto the freeway.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Hellfighter

Do I hear an all-you-can-eat buffet...  :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.