User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

New York State Roads

<< < (4/19) > >>

vdeane:
I never did writeups for all the state highways, and the photos are dependent on where I've taken pictures and how interesting the signs are (I do all the guide signs for freeways, but other roads are hit and miss... I'm also less likely to have a picture of something if I travel the road so often that it feels commonplace, or if I didn't have time to take my camera out for something I didn't know about (assuming I had the camera)).  I'll probably have photos for NY 23 if I ever get on the Rip van Winkle Bridge.

empirestate:

--- Quote from: 1 on December 28, 2013, 03:40:47 PM ---May be off topic, but...

I love NY 22 and NY 23. I don't know why, though.

However, they seem to get no mention on your site, despite NY 22 being relatively important, and NY 23 crossing the Hudson River.

--- End quote ---

Damn near ancient history by now, but: http://www.empirestateroads.com/travel/ny22/

I never did NY 23; my next endeavor would have been NY 28.

Alps:

--- Quote from: vdeane on December 28, 2013, 04:23:08 PM ---I never did writeups for all the state highways, and the photos are dependent on where I've taken pictures and how interesting the signs are (I do all the guide signs for freeways, but other roads are hit and miss... I'm also less likely to have a picture of something if I travel the road so often that it feels commonplace, or if I didn't have time to take my camera out for something I didn't know about (assuming I had the camera)).  I'll probably have photos for NY 23 if I ever get on the Rip van Winkle Bridge.

--- End quote ---
If you can make it to the NYC meet, I highly recommend traveling NY 22 on the way down or back. In fact, it's a pretty good ride almost all the way to the southern end, even south of I-84.

dgolub:

--- Quote from: vdeane on December 28, 2013, 04:23:08 PM ---I never did writeups for all the state highways, and the photos are dependent on where I've taken pictures and how interesting the signs are (I do all the guide signs for freeways, but other roads are hit and miss... I'm also less likely to have a picture of something if I travel the road so often that it feels commonplace, or if I didn't have time to take my camera out for something I didn't know about (assuming I had the camera)).  I'll probably have photos for NY 23 if I ever get on the Rip van Winkle Bridge.

--- End quote ---

NY 22 is one of the longest routes in the state, but it goes mostly through the middle of nowhere, so there's not that much occasion for one to drive on it unless one deliberately makes a point to.  My NY 22 photo gallery is pretty small, despite the length of the route.  Ditto for NY 32.

vdeane:
Just expanded into Vermont with the I-89 and I-189 lists yesterday; currently working on I-91.  Once I get the Vermont lists up, I'll probably take a break before doing I-278.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version