News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Best of Road Pictures

Started by CentralCAroadgeek, April 25, 2012, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

Traffic on eastbound VA 321 near Williamsburg.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

D-Dey65

I never got a picture, but I found an unusual sign on Morris Bridge Road northeast of Tampa just before the road goes over the Hillsborough River;
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Morris+Bridge+Road&hl=en&ll=28.096099,-82.316823&spn=0.000076,0.038581&hq=Morris+Bridge+Road&hnear=Spring+Hill,+Hernando,+Florida&t=h&fll=28.110749,-82.303219&fspn=0.03138,0.038581&z=15&layer=c&cbll=28.096126,-82.316759&panoid=U3P-jUUTfKBaqtFxpSNyjw&cbp=12,79.24,,0,-0.7
It's a brown diamond sign reading "Park Entrance," with the supplemental plaque "1200 Feet." Diamonds are for warnings.

kphoger

I imagine it's meant to be a warning sign, warning you of an intersection with cross-traffic.  If it were yellow, it wouldn't stand out nearly as much.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

AsphaltPlanet

US-75 approaching Downtown Dallas:
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

formulanone

It seems that leaving Dallas is a bit less of a headache...nice shot!

Took that one morning on Interstate 595 right before I caught my flight.

AsphaltPlanet

I like the way the lines and reflectors contrast on the darkend asphalt.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

AsphaltPlanet

One more.  This is a scenic stretch of Hwy 35 in Ontario in early Autumn:

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Coming down the Almonaster Avenue Bridge, I-10 west into New Orleans:

(I can't help it, I'm a sucker for sunsets...)

kphoger

Quote from: formulanone on January 31, 2013, 10:46:00 PM
(I can't help it, I'm a sucker for sunsets...)

It's OK.  Just don't go telling us how you like slow walks on the beach at sunset.
Male pronouns, please.

Takumi

Sunset over I-95 and VA 144. And my car. Behind my local Home Depot.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

AsphaltPlanet

Morning north of Sault Ste. Marie

kkt

Takumi

I-85 southbound between Durham and Hillsborough, NC...

...and south of I-74...

...and under construction...

...and in Charlotte.

And here's I-277 Inner as the Brookshire.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kphoger

I had about two hours to kill this morning while Wal Mart was changing my oil, so I decided to take a little hike and look for highway photo opps.  I decided on the Kansas Turnpike, which people generally don't get to see by foot.  I hope you enjoy my little-seen vantage points of the KTA.  I focused on the BGSes, because I didn't want to spend very much time close to the pavement, for obvious reasons.

SB I-35/KTA:  One mile in advance of the Kellogg exit

A half mile in advance of the Kellogg exit

Male pronouns, please.

CentralCAroadgeek

A picture of the only freeway section of CA-68 taken from a trail in Toro County Park directly east of the highway.

kphoger

How about the underside of a highway?

Snapped this one a little bit ago while we were out for a jog under the Canal Route.

Male pronouns, please.

CanesFan27

kphoger

↑  Nice!  I'm a big fan of centerline pictures. ↑
Male pronouns, please.

roadman65

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/8502439048/in/set-72157632841506605
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/8597197333/in/set-72157633107719999

I thought that these would be good to add as they are one (or two) of the best I have taken. both from my last year's trip to Texas.  Both are crystal clear, and of nice signs.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

mefailenglish

Heading south along US 21 in South Carolina, somewhere between Charlotte and Columbia...

hotdogPi

MA 1A, near the north end of MA 107
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

formulanone

Fourth word, first sentence, first post of the thread: "Your".

Brandon

I-75 southbound In Cincinnati.

Let's go multimodal on I-55 outbound in Chicago, between Kedzie and Pulaski.

Looking outbound on Congress through the old Post Office.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Zeffy

Since I need to learn the art of taking pictures of stuff while visiting places, I don't have many things to show here. But I do have a few pics, and since I only have a few, well, I guess they are the best of my own pictures:

I-95 approaching Exit 1 for Trenton

And then I took this one, which I will say isn't totally related to a road, but since there is one visible, I'll post it anyway. :bigass: W State St in Trenton near the New Jersey State Archives building:

These were both taken from my iPhone 5c - and I was impressed with the quality of the photos.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.