News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Anyone have a map showing US 37 and US 143 in KY and TN?

Started by usends, January 19, 2021, 10:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usends

I'm writing a blog post about these proposed-but-never-signposted routes, and would like to illustrate how they were prematurely and erroneously marked on some maps during the mid-1930s.  But I don't have one myself, do you?  Otherwise, if you can point me to an online map.  So far the only ones I've found are Indiana DOT 1935 and '36, which show a short segment of US 37 in Kentucky south of Louisville.  Thanks.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

SkyPesos

Found a recent thread with a map of both in the replies, not sure if that’s what you’re looking for
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=24400.0

hbelkins

As mentioned in the thread SkyPesos quoted, Gousha maps from that era had US 37 marked. I had at least one, but have no idea where it might be.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Avalanchez71

I have never seen an image of one that was posted in the field.  Now that would be something.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.