News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

"Moment V" featuring QC 362

Started by MikeTheActuary, November 16, 2019, 07:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeTheActuary

So, I'm wrapping up my monthly trip to Montréal.  While channel-surfing in the hotel, procrastinating on getting packed up, I stumbled across a program on the French-language network "V" called "Moment V", with the current episode appearing to be just video shot from a car driving east on QC 362, along the St. Lawrence River.

Poking around on the channel's website, cursing unfamiliarity with French, it looks like this is an episode in a series that just features videography from scenic drives, hikes, etc.   But this particular episode is roadgeek candy, and is reminding me why I have had a burning desire to clinch Route 138 since I went to a conference in Charlevoix last year.

When I get home, I'm going to have to figure out how to get a copy of this episode.

Bluenoser

If it was on today, does this look familiar? This went from Baie-St-Paul to St-Simeon:

https://noovo.ca/videos/moment-v/episode-28

For other road-trip episodes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Voir plus d'episodes. Moment V has done quite a few road-trip shows in its 2 seasons on the air.

webfil

There are other Charlevoix shots, one featuring Les Éboulements hill, a 13 % (average) long, twisty hill with amazing view going strait into a village on the shores of the Saint Lawrence. The whole thing was rebuilt following the death of 47 tourists in a coach bus crash; it used to be more winding, and more abrupt.

I had a caliper malfunction last time I took it. Weeeeeeeeeee. Don't try this at home.

https://noovo.ca/videos/moment-v/vers-lisle-aux-coudres @ 13:35

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: Bluenoser on November 16, 2019, 09:59:56 AM
If it was on today, does this look familiar? This went from Baie-St-Paul to St-Simeon:

https://noovo.ca/videos/moment-v/episode-28

For other road-trip episodes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Voir plus d'episodes. Moment V has done quite a few road-trip shows in its 2 seasons on the air.

That was it.  Just got home and am about to fire up a VPN, since it isn't accessible from the US.

Bluenoser

If you liked that, fasten your seatbelts  :popcorn:

Starting tomorrow, Moment V makes its first foray outside La Belle Province with a week of new episodes shot in Hawaii...here's what the line-up looks like:

(listing first runs, these episodes will be repeated several times during the next few weeks, all times ET):

Saturday, February 1
6am La plage de Waimanalo (Waimanalo Beach)
7:00 Les falaises de South Point (Cliffs of South Point)
8:30 Fin de journee sur les vagues (Day's end on the waves; surfers)
mid. De la plage aux champs (From the Beach to the Fields; on the roads of Oahu)
1am Le coucher a Sunset Beach (Sunset at Sunset Beach)

Sunday, February 2
7am La route tropicale de Big Island (on the roads of the Big Island)
8:30 Le bateau quitte au coucher (tourist boat leaves an island at sunset)
mid. La route pour South Point (road trip)
1:00 Les surfeurs au coucher du soleil (sunset surfing at Waikiki Beach)

Monday, February 3
6:30am Les falaises de Kahauloa Cove (cliffs at Kahauloa Cove)
mid. Le soleil couchant de Waialea (sunset at Waialea)
1am Le chute Rainbow (Rainbow Falls)

Tuesday, February 4
6:30am Le plage de sable noir (turtles on a black sand beach)
7:00 La chute d'Akaka (Akaka Falls)
mid. Mokuleia Rock Beach (surfers and kids)

Wednesday, February 5
6:30am Vagues sans fin (endless waves)
9:00 Entre la mer, la route et les palmiers (road trip on the Big Island)
mid. Le Blow Hole Creek

Thursday, February 6
6:30am Vallee et ruisseau de jurassique
mid. Ka'ena Point Creek

Friday, February 7
8am En route vers Hawai (road trip)
9:00 Coucher de soleil et palmiers (sunset among the palms)

Bluenoser

Important note re: Moment V:

As a result of V rebranding as Noovo after a recent ownership change, the show is now called Moment Detente. The show rebranded last week, the network rebranded this morning.

Bluenoser

Quote from: Bluenoser on August 31, 2020, 12:14:33 PM

As a result of V rebranding as Noovo after a recent ownership change, the show is now called Moment Detente. The show rebranded last week, the network rebranded this morning.

And another change to report...as of yesterday, Noovo now airs 5 back-to-back episodes overnight between 1 and 6am (ET). Noovo is now running other programmimg in the mornings.

Bluenoser

Quote from: Bluenoser on September 15, 2020, 04:55:39 PM
Quote from: Bluenoser on August 31, 2020, 12:14:33 PM

And another change to report...as of yesterday, Noovo now airs 5 back-to-back episodes overnight between 1 and 6am (ET). Noovo is now running other programmimg in the mornings.

UPDATE: As oif this week, Noovo has dropped Moment Detente from the sked, choosing to sign-off overnight again...At present, sister cablenet Max airs an episode at 5am ET.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.