Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Quote from: NE2 on November 15, 2019, 02:15:58 PM
Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to say Trump was a mezzanine.
You should not talk about your father like that. :-D
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman

"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 17, 2019, 11:27:13 AM

Quote from: kurumi on November 17, 2019, 11:22:49 AM
Hold up: FritzOwl -> Owl -> Winnie the Pooh -> Xi Jinping

Hmmm...

Are you saying FritzOwl, Winnie the Pooh and the current General Secretary of the Communist Party of China are all the same person?

I think you misunderstood the symbols...

FritzOwl
   is greater than Owl
      is greater than Winnie the Pooh
         is greater than Xi Jinping
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: hbelkins on November 18, 2019, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: US71 on November 18, 2019, 12:28:31 PM
Favorite roadkill cuisine

You laugh...

https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Restaurant-shut-down-after-roadkill-brought-inside-171805741.html

That was actually common in Arizona, especially when Elk were involved.  California just passed a road kill law recently.  In the case of the elk it can be some pretty good meat if the kill is still relatively fresh. 

US71

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 18, 2019, 09:08:02 PM

You laugh...

https://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Restaurant-shut-down-after-roadkill-brought-inside-171805741.html

That was actually common in Arizona, especially when Elk were involved.  California just passed a road kill law recently.  In the case of the elk it can be some pretty good meat if the kill is still relatively fresh. 

If memory serves correct, in Arkansas, the meat (mostly deer) is donated to a local homeless shelter.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US71 on November 23, 2019, 09:53:36 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 18, 2019, 09:08:02 PM

You laugh...

If memory serves correct, in Arkansas, the meat (mostly deer) is donated to a local homeless shelter.

Hey, why waste the meat if it isn't spoiled?  Some friends I was with in Payson, Arizona hit an elk about a decade back.  We took it back to the camp ground and it was actually pretty good all things considered. 

1995hoo

West Virginia has a roadkill cookoff every year: https://pccocwv.com/wv-roadkill-cook-off/

I seem to recall seeing a news report once about West Virginia passing a statute guaranteeing the motorist's right to keep and consume any roadkill caused by his striking a creature unless the roadkill is human. I'm not sure which part I find more notable–that they felt the need to enact a statute giving you the right to the meat, or that they thought it likely enough that there are cannibals in West Virginia that they needed the "human meat" exception.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

US71

thspfc

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 24, 2019, 09:45:39 AM
West Virginia has a roadkill cookoff every year: https://pccocwv.com/wv-roadkill-cook-off/

I seem to recall seeing a news report once about West Virginia passing a statute guaranteeing the motorist's right to keep and consume any roadkill caused by his striking a creature unless the roadkill is human. I'm not sure which part I find more notable–that they felt the need to enact a statute giving you the right to the meat, or that they thought it likely enough that there are cannibals in West Virginia that they needed the "human meat" exception.
What kind of uncultured beast doesn't love some good human roadkill?

Big John

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Big John on November 24, 2019, 08:13:13 PM
You can use this:

I'd rather eat road kill that's been on the road for over a week over Hamburger Helper. 

US71

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2019, 08:51:21 PM
You can use this:

I'd rather eat road kill that's been on the road for over a week over Hamburger Helper. 

What about Chicken Helper or Tuna Helper? ;)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US71 on November 24, 2019, 09:04:00 PM
You can use this:

I wasn't even aware those were a thing. 

US71

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2019, 09:05:45 PM
Quote from: US71 on November 24, 2019, 09:04:00 PM
You can use this:

I wasn't even aware those were a thing. 

formulanone

^ The real mystery is missing finger...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: formulanone on November 24, 2019, 09:24:01 PM
^ The real mystery is missing finger...

Maybe Hamburger Helper guy had to apologize to some Yakuza tuffs.

Tonytone

Wait hol up! Whats wrong with Hamburger helper? It is just a base, you can throw your own mix of ingredients in it. I wouldn't get the crazy flavors they think are "good"  but they have some good recipes & mind you I make most of my foods from scratch.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Tonytone on November 24, 2019, 10:32:42 PM
Wait hol up! Whats wrong with Hamburger helper? It is just a base, you can throw your own mix of ingredients in it. I wouldn't get the crazy flavors they think are "good"  but they have some good recipes & mind you I make most of my foods from scratch.

iPhone

It induces my gag reflex from the memory of my Mom's lesser cooking endeavors.

Speaking of things like that, do we have a thread for "foods that induce vomiting?"

Tonytone

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2019, 10:43:17 PM

iPhone

Speaking of things like that, do we have a thread for "foods that induce vomiting?"
That makes sense, but its been 50 years Max, go cook something!

& no that would be called Acid Reflux.

iPhone

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Tonytone on November 24, 2019, 10:44:38 PM

iPhone

iPhone

More like twenty years, I'm not quite that old for it to be a half century. 

I'm not talking about acid reflux, I'm talking about foods that actually induce enough nausea that they could make one vomit.  I haven't quite gotten there myself, but there are been a couple food items over the years that got me gagging enough that I was close.  I kind of have gotten the same reaction at times when looking at things like compound fractures, the only thing I can figure is that it is just sheer revulsion.

Tonytone

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2019, 10:47:55 PM

iPhone

iPhone

I'm not talking about acid reflux, I'm talking about foods that actually induce enough nausea that they could make one vomit.  I haven't quite gotten there myself, but there are been a couple food items over the years that got me gagging enough that I was close.
Lmao I was joking. I know what you mean, we dont have a thread like that & you definitely could make one.

& holy quack, 50 years is half a century that is crazy. Il glad you're still young. Young forever!!!

iPhone

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Tonytone on November 24, 2019, 10:49:53 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 24, 2019, 10:47:55 PM

iPhone

iPhone

I'm not talking about acid reflux, I'm talking about foods that actually induce enough nausea that they could make one vomit.  I haven't quite gotten there myself, but there are been a couple food items over the years that got me gagging enough that I was close.
Lmao I was joking. I know what you mean, we dont have a thread like that & you definitely could make one.

& holy quack, 50 years is half a century that is crazy. Il glad you're still young. Young forever!!!

iPhone

That seems more like a Bandit type thread to make and it would probably involve gum somehow.  While I haven't been around for that half century it has been just slightly over 3/8ths of one.  The real thing that ought to spook someone my age is that I'm through half of my life expectancy of an adult male.  Perhaps we could open the floor to discussion about proposals for biological immortality?  I would imagine regenerating telomeres in humans could be quite useful since our growth rate stops.  Cloning technology could be useful if there was some sort of memory download, the real trick is how artificially age your replacement body so one doesn't have to relive childhood.

US71

Too much salt, too many preservatives and artificial ingredients. I'd rather make spaghetti sauce from scratch (and have)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.