News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Lessons learned from today's snowstorm

Started by 02 Park Ave, March 05, 2015, 05:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02 Park Ave

Here are two lessons learned from today's snowstorm:

1.  Airplanes should not be permitted to land in snowstorms.

2.  Eighteen wheelers should be restricted to the righthand lane on two lane carriageways in snowstorms; perhaps to be restricted in any form of adverse weather.
C-o-H

slorydn1

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on March 05, 2015, 05:35:41 PM
Here are two lessons learned from today's snowstorm:

1.  Airplanes should not be permitted to land in snowstorms.

2.  Eighteen wheelers should be restricted to the righthand lane on two lane carriageways at all times.

FTFY  :)

And agreed on all counts :clap:
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

1995hoo

We had hockey tickets tonight. We were debating whether to go or to sell them when a plow came through our neighborhood.

The plow got stuck in the snow down the end of the block, tires spinning away. The driver eventually got unstuck and we haven't seen a plow since.

Our tickets were promptly listed on StubHub.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Desert Man

From someone living in the sun-belt (CA desert): I won't survive a severe winter like they're having back east and up north. The coldest temps I ever experienced was 10F above (-10C?) and never had to dig my way out of over a foot of snow in my life. I feel bad for you guys, but don't be jealous of me basking in sunshine and 80F (25c+) highs.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Pete from Boston

Digging out of a foot is easy! It's digging out of three feet that takes forever and a snow day.

KEVIN_224

Here near Hartford, we only had a dusting with last night's rain ending as a few snow showers. We had a few flurries and snow showers as temps dropped back down from a high of about 36 F after midnight to maybe 24 F by 4 pm. Compared to the mid-Atlantic, we got off VERY easy.

Zeffy

6 8 inches of snow here in Central Jersey - my entire apartment complex parking lot is unfortunately a sheet of ice thanks to the frigid temperatures. Needless to say, I'm not stepping foot out of this house for at least an entire day, because the steps leading outside are also frozen and icy and deadly.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Takumi

About an inch here, but side roads and parking lots were icy this morning.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

elsmere241

Eight inches in northern Delaware.  (I was off yesterday and came in late today.)  I shoveled twice yesterday, and struggled a bit to get into the alley (and out of my neighborhood) today.  The main roads were mainly clear (not DE 37/Commons Blvd.) but the side roads had some problems.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.